What Can You Expect from the 2016 Mazda CX-5 Safety Features?
The 2016 Mazda CX-5 compact crossover SUV brings Tampa and Sarasota drivers the solid design and advanced technology they need to protect themselves and the ones they care about from harm. To demonstrate why we think the 2016 Mazda CX-5 should be at the top of every shopper’s list this season, the experts at Cox Mazda have prepared a thorough catalog of the vehicle’s safety features, both passive and reactive, as well as an accounting of the most recent safety testing results. We think the Mazda’s value speaks for itself.
2016 Mazda CX-5 Accident Prevention
4-wheel disc brakes with ABS are standard and help drivers to maintain control during emergency braking, but the 2016 Mazda CX-5 doesn’t stop there:
- Stability Control – Standard Dynamic Stability Control and Traction Control help the drivers to prevent accidents by delivering additional power to individual wheels if they lose traction, making it easier to recover from a skid.
- Driver Assist Technology – Select models can be equipped with features like Lane Departure Warning, Radar Cruise Control with Close Proximity Warning, Smart Brake Support with Collision Warning, Smart City Braking, and Distance Recognition Support to help alert drivers to an imminent crash enabling then to take evasive action when possible.
- Rearview Camera – A rearview camera system is standard equipment to allow drivers to clearly visualize the area behind the 2016 Mazda CX-5. Drivers can enhance the system with driver-assist options like Rear Cross-Traffic Alert and Blind-Spot Monitoring to help drivers avoid obstacles they cannot see.
The 2016 Mazda CX-5 is equipped with 3-point safety harnesses and a suite of airbags, but that is just the beginning of what drivers can expect from this crossover:
- Position Sensors – The front advanced airbag system is equipped with passenger weight and position sensors designed to prevent smaller passengers from being injured by an airbag deploying at full force.
- Unibody Construction – Steel-reinforced beams and specially designed crumple zones protect cabin occupants by allowing designated portions of the vehicle to fold, absorbing accident force while maintaining cabin integrity.
- Emergency Notification – The E911 notification system can use the MAZDA CONNECT™ navigation system to deliver your location to emergency services in the event of an accident. Calling for help even if you cannot.
2016 Mazda CX-5 Safety Ratings
See Why the 2016 Mazda CX-5 Safety Features Are So Important to Tampa and Sarasota Drivers
To see how the 2016 Mazda CX-5 safety features can make your Tampa or Sarasota commute more secure, contact Cox Mazda today at (888) 260-1691 or stop by 3101 Cortez Road West in Bradenton, FL for a test-drive today.