2016 Mazda CX-9 Trims
The 2016 Mazda CX-9 Trims
The 2016 Mazda CX-9 trims offer Tampa and Sarasota drivers the chance to drive a dynamic, elegantly appointed SUV that elevates the daily commute from something you have to do, to something you look forward to. If you’ve been considering one of these attractive SUVs, but weren’t sure which trim best suited you, read on. Our quick primer is designed to help you see the differences between each trim so that when you visit Cox Mazda for a test-drive, you’re ready to grab the wheel of your favorite.
2016 Mazda CX-9 Sport
The base 2016 Mazda CX-9 trim, the Sport is by no means a plain Jane, offering a long list of impressive appointments and a potent engine that is easy to get excited about:
- Powerplant – The 2016 Mazda CX-9 Sport is powered by a SKYACTIV®-G 2.5T Dynamic Pressure Turbo DOHC 16-valve 4-cylinder with VVT mated to a SKYACTIV®-Drive 6-speed automatic transmission with manual-shift and Sport Mode. This pairing is capable of producing up to 250 hp and as much as 310 lb.-ft. of torque. In recent EPA testing, the FWD version returned 22 mpg/city and 28 mpg/highway, while the i-ACTIV AWD® delivered a respectable 21 mpg/city and 27 mpg/highway fuel efficiency.
- Expansive Interior – Designed to seat as many as seven passengers, the interior of the 2016 Mazda CX-9 Sport features three rows of adjustable seats that include the 60/40 folding second-row and 50/50 folding third row that can be laid down to provide up to 71.2 cubic feet of total cargo space. This space is further expanded with the rear underfloor storage that offers stealthy concealment for valuables.
- Impressive Features – Manually-adjustable driver and front passenger seats wrap occupants in customizable comfort while they enjoy tri-zone climate control, power windows and doors, remote entry with pushbutton start, and cruise control. Drivers also get access to the MAZDA CONNECT™ infotainment system with intuitive 7-inch color touchscreen interface that can connect drivers to their compatible smartphone for access to, news, weather, hands-free calling, music streaming, and SMS text messaging, as well as E911 emergency notification system.
2016 Mazda CX-9 Touring
The 2016 Mazda CX-9 Touring trim offers many of the same amenities as the previous trim, and a little extra luxury besides:
- Safety – Like the previous trim, the 2016 Mazda CX-9 Touring offers dual advanced front airbags and ride impact airbags with rollover sensor, as well as a rearview camera. Traction control features like ABS, Dynamic Stability Control, and Traction Control keep the wheels on the road. Drivers also get advanced features like Blind Spot Monitoring and Rear Cross-Traffic Alert for an extra layer of protection.
- Advanced Luxury – 2016 Mazda CX-9 Touring drivers get a seating upgrade as well, with 8-way power-adjustable driver’s seats and 4-way power adjustable front passengers seats, both with three levels of heat to choose from. Leather trim is also added to the first and second row of seats for an extra touch of panache.
- Tech Upgrade – The onboard infotainment system adds an 8-inch color touchscreen display for even better visibility and, like the previous trim, drivers get the handy, intuitive Multifunction Commander Control knob for easy access to content.
2016 Mazda CX-9 Grand Touring
For an even more refined ride, the 2016 Mazda Grand Touring offers drivers enhanced electronics and upscale materials, such as:
- Exterior Style – Like Previous models, the 2016 Mazda CX-9 Grand Touring trim offers LED headlamps, daytime running lamps, and combination taillamps. Drivers also gain LED fog lamps and an adaptive front lighting system, as well as niceties that include rain-sensing windshield wipers, heated side mirrors, and a body-colored rear roof spoiler.
- Advanced Assistance – Additional advanced safety features like Lane Keep Assist, Lane Departure Warning, Distance Recognition Support, Smart City Brake Support, and Smart Brake Support become standard features.
2016 Mazda CX-9 Signature
For the ultimate in comfort and connectivity, Mazda offers the 2016 Mazda CX-9 Signature addition, which continues to build on the features offered in previous trims:
- Enviable Features – The 2016 Mazda CX-9 Signature features Rosewood inlays and aluminum interior trim, as well as Nappa leather-trimmed heated seats. The leather-wrapped steering wheel and shifter knob offer a decadent soft-touch experience, while the power sliding glass sunroof with power sunshade lets a little sunshine in no matter where your commute leads.
- Technology Upgrade – In addition to the Bose Centerpoint2 Sound system with AudioPilot and 12-speakers, drivers also gain access to the Mazda Navigation system that can provide turn-by-turn directions and real-time traffic alerts.
Explore the 2016 Mazda CX-9 Trims at Your Leading Tampa and Sarasota Mazda Authority
Come test-drive your favorite 2016 Mazda CX-9 trim and see how it can elevate your Tampa and Sarasota commute. Contact Cox Mazda today at (941) 749-2790 or schedule a test-drive at 3101 CORTEZ ROAD WEST in Bradenton, FL.