2016 Mazda3 Performance
The 2016 Mazda3 performance specs and features are astonishing Tampa and Sarasota drivers. With two engines and a host of performance features, new model has plenty of pep. The standard 2.0L four-cylinder and the available 2.5L four-cylinder each offer power without sacrificing fuel economy.
There are two different sets of 2016 Mazda3 performance specs thanks to the two different engines available:
- SKYACTIV®-G 2.0L DOHC 4-cylinder with VVT: The standard engine of the 2016 Mazda3, this 2.0L four-cylinder is rated at 155 hp and 150 lb.-ft. of torque, paired to either a SKYACTIV®-MT 6-speed overdrive manual transmission or a SKYACTIV®-DRIVE 6-speed automatic transmission with manual-shift mode. The SKYACTIV®-DRIVE automatic transmission lets this engine earn an EPA-estimated 41 mpg/highway and 30 mpg/city for 34 mpg combined.
- SKYACTIV®-G 2.5L DOHC 4-cylinder with VVT: Upgrading to the 2.5L four-cylinder engine brings the power up to 184 hp and 185 lb.-ft. of torque, paired with a SKYACTIV®-DRIVE 6-speed automatic transmission with manual-shift mode, earning an EPA-estimated 39 mpg/highway, 28 mpg/city, and 32 mpg combined.
Other Performance Features
These 2016 Mazda3 performance features are just as responsible for its energetic character as the available engines:
- Transmissions: The standard SKYACTIV®-MT 6-speed overdrive manual transmission gives drivers control over every shift while the SKYACTIV®-DRIVE 6-speed automatic transmission with manual-shift mode changes gears smoothly on its own while giving the driver control over gear shifts with available paddle shifters.
- Spoiler: The 2016 Mazda3 has a spoiler available that gives the vehicle a sporty look and feel while also increasing downforce for improved performance and handling.
- I-Eloop Upgrade: This available package upgrades the 2016 Mazda3 engine with energy saving features that include regenerative braking and active grille shutters to get the most out of every drop of fuel.
- Active Driving Display: This available heads-up display (HUD) puts relevant vehicle information right in your line of sight, meaning you never need to take your eyes off of the road.
- Antilock Disc Brakes: Both of the engines of the 2016 Mazda3 accelerate quickly, leaving their competitors in the rearview, but coming to a quick stop is just as important. The standard antilock disc brakes of the 2016 Mazda3 are designed to give you complete control over the speed of the car while competing cars are still using drum brakes.
Discover the 2016 Mazda3 Performance Specs at Your Leading Tampa and Sarasota Mazda Dealer
Between the two engines and the handful of features geared toward getting the most out of the engine, we think the 2016 Mazda3 performance specs and features show that it’s simply not like the other cars in its class. Tampa and Sarasota drivers can see what it’s like behind the wheel with a test drive.
Contact Cox Mazda online or give us a call at (941) 749-2790 to schedule your time in the driver’s seat of the 2016 Mazda3. You’ll find us open seven days a week at 3101 CORTEZ ROAD WEST in Bradenton. We can’t wait to see you in a new Mazda.