2016 Mazda6 Sedan Trims
All three 2016 Mazda6 sedan trims are available to Tampa and Sarasota drivers now at Cox Mazda in Bradenton, but how can you know which is right for you? We suggest all of our drivers take each trim for a test drive to help find out which model is the right fit, but before you get behind the wheel, we want to give you a comprehensive overview of what sets these three models apart from one another.
Each of these five-passenger sedans has plenty of room for the whole family, letting you all stretch out and get comfortable in 99.7 cubic feet of passenger space (and you’ll have 14.8 cubic feet of trunk space for the family road trip).
2016 Mazda6 Sport
Many drivers don’t expect much out of the base trim level for a sedan, but Mazda demands that people expect more out of cars. The 2016 Mazda6 Sport trim is the entry-level model for the sedan, priced at only $21,495 (MSRP), and yet is one of the most impressively equipped base trims in its class. You can find the following on the Sport trim level:
- 17-inch alloy wheels
- Bluetooth connectivity for phone and audio
- 7-inch touchscreen infotainment system
- Rearview camera system
- Six-speaker stereo system with HD radio and internet radio compatibility
- Text messaging capabilities
- Voice commands
- Automatic emergency notification
In addition to having a spacious interior, this five-passenger sedan is powered by a peppy yet fuel-efficient engine. Under the hood of each of the 2016 Mazda6 sedan trims, Tampa and Sarasota drivers will find a 2.5L four-cylinder:
- The SKYACTIV® TECHNOLOGY 2.5L 4-cylinder engine is paired with a SKYACTIV®-MT six-speed manual transmission or a SKYACTIV®-Drive six-speed automatic.
- This powertrain is capable of 184 hp and 185 lb.-ft. of torque, and models equipped with the SKYACTIV®-Drive transmission will enjoy the control of steering wheel-mounted paddle shifters.
- The 2016 Mazda6 earns an EPA-estimated 38 mpg/highway and 26 mpg/city for 31 mpg/combined with the SKYACTIV®-Drive six-speed automatic transmission. The 2016 Mazda6 Grand Touring model (below) can be equipped with an i-Eloop feature to boost the efficiency up to 40 mpg/highway, 28 mpg/city, and 32 mpg/combined.
2016 Mazda6 Touring
We think many drivers will be more than happy with the 2016 Mazda6 Sport trim level, but Mazda knows that there are always going to be drivers who want to step things up a notch, and the Touring obliges at just $23,945 (MSRP).You will find these amenities adding to or replacing features on the Sport trim:
- 19-inch alloy wheels
- Premium leatherette upholstery
- Power-adjustable driver’s seat
- Dual-zone automatic climate control
- Keyless entry and ignition
- Rear cross-traffic alert
- Blind spot monitoring
Models equipped with the SKYACTIV®-Drive six-speed automatic have even more available to them, including:
- Touring Moonroof Package: This add-on includes an 11-speaker Bose® stereo system, satellite radio, and a sunroof.
- Touring Technology Package: Models with the 2016 Mazda6 Touring Moonroof Package can add on this features collection that comes with a unique front-end design, LED daytime running lights and headlights, heated front seating and side mirrors, and low-speed collision mitigation braking.
If the fully-equipped 2016 Mazda6 Touring trim with the 2016 Mazda6 Touring Technology Package isn’t enough, don’t worry, we’re not done yet. There’s still the top of the 2016 Mazda6 sedan trims.
2016 Mazda6 Grand Touring
The 2016 Mazda6 Grand Touring takes everything from the 2016 Mazda6 Touring trim and enhances it, taking a step into a world beyond that of the typical sedan and going head-to-head with performance and luxury sedans without bearing the luxury-grade pricing. Priced at just $30,195 (MSRP), this is the epitome of the 2016 Mazda6, going above and beyond and giving drivers the kind of comfort and technology features that beg you to just go for a Sunday afternoon drive with no real destination in mind.On the 2016 Mazda6 Grand Touring you’ll find
- Unique 19-inch alloy wheels
- Leather interior upholstery
- Built-in navigation
- Heads-up display (HUD)
- Power-adjustable driver and front passenger seats
- Rear spoiler
The 2016 Mazda6 Grand Touring has the GT Technology Package as well, adding on the i-Eloop technology we mentioned above as well as advanced safety and driver assistance features like adaptive cruise control, lane departure warning, frontal collision warning, collision mitigation braking, and an automatic high-beam control system.
If you aren’t sure which of the 2016 Mazda6 sedan trims is right for you, we suggest starting with the 2016 Mazda6 Grand Touring to see it at its best.
Get Behind the Wheel
To see the one, two, or all three of the 2016 Mazda6 sedan trims in person, Tampa and Sarasota drivers can contact Cox Mazda online or give us a call at (941) 749-2790. Our dealership has convenient hours seven days a week, and you’ll find us at 3101 Cortez Road West in Bradenton.