The 2017 Mazda6 Performance Thrills
With Mazda vehicles’ head-turning good looks, Tampa and Sarasota drivers have come to expect the best from them, and the 2017 Mazda6 performance stats and features don’t disappoint. The best way for you to see how horsepower and torque translate into an exciting driving experience is to get behind the wheel and feel them firsthand. Until you’re able to make the trip to our showroom at Cox Mazda, we have a rundown of all of the specs and features that make the Mazda6 zoom.
When people talk about performance stats, they usually have a few numbers in mind. In addition to having horsepower and torque numbers that put it in the upper tier of its class, the 2017 Mazda6 performance specs allow for guilt-free joyrides thanks to high fuel economy ratings.
- Power: A SKYACTIV®-G 2.5L four-cylinder engine powers the Mazda6, bringing 184 hp and 185 lb.-ft. of torque and quickly leaving competing sedans in the rearview mirror. Drivers have their choice of manual or automatic transmission.
- Fuel Economy: Energetic and efficient, the 2017 Mazda6 earns an EPA-estimated 34 mpg/highway and 24 mpg/city on manual transmission models, receiving a boost to 35 mpg/highway and 26 mpg/city when upgrading to the automatic transmission.
Other Performance Features
The SKYACTIV®-G 2.5L four-cylinder engine is just one aspect of the 2017 Mazda6 performance, with features like these bringing that thrilling drive to the Tampa and Sarasota resident.
- Transmissions: Choose between a SKYACTIV®-MT six-speed manual transmission for that classic stick shift control or upgrade to the available SKYACTIV®-Drive six-speed automatic transmission (standard on Grand Touring models).
- Automatic Sport Driving: Upgrading to the SKYACTIV®-Drive six-speed automatic transmission doesn’t mean giving up control; manual shifting and Sport mode keep you in control.
- SKYACTIV®-VEHICLE DYNAMICS: This system features G-Vectoring Control and gives the Mazda6 a smoother drive, operating in the background to seamlessly adjust vehicle weight and shift power delivery for precision handling.
- Active Driving Display: This available display, now in full color, projects relevant driving information directly in front of you, processing information quickly without taking your eyes off the road.
- Disc Brakes: Each Mazda6 has four-wheel disc brakes with electronic brake force distribution, brake assist, and anti-lock brakes to ensure that when it’s time to come to a stop, the Mazda6 eagerly complies.
- Unleaded Fuel: While some of the luxury sedans the Mazda6 keeps pace with require drivers to invest in high-grade fuel to deliver their maximum performance, the specs we’ve shared with you here come with everyday unleaded gasoline.
Witness the 2017 Mazda6 Performance Specs in Tampa and Sarasota Today at Cox Mazda
Breaking down the 2017 Mazda6 performance specs and features can give you an idea of what to expect when you drive this sporty new sedan, but nothing really compares to a test drive. Tampa and Sarasota drivers can get behind the wheel of the latest Mazda vehicles at Cox Mazda, 3101 CORTEZ ROAD WEST in Bradenton. Contact us online or by phone at (941) 749-2790 to schedule your time in the driver’s seat of the new Mazda6 and let us know what you think about it.