2015 Mazda CX-9 vs. 2015 Honda Pilot
The 2015 Mazda CX-9 and the 2015 Honda Pilot are both larger vehicles uniquely equipped to handle lots of passengers, full loads of cargo, and even tow a trailer. But when you need a vehicle that can meet all your needs without compromise, the 2015 Mazda CX-9 simply does more. Learn how these models compare head to head in the categories that matter most to drivers, and see for yourself how well the CX-9 performs. Then make plans to travel from Tampa to check out the 2015 Mazda crossover at Cox Mazda in Bradenton.
These two models are comparably priced at the low end, but there are real differences between the top-of-the-line trims. If you are looking for premium levels of quality, the 2015 Mazda CX-9 fits into more car-buying budgets.
2015 Mazda CX-9 Sport: $29,985
2015 Mazda CX-9 Touring: $32,480
2015 Mazda CX-9 Grand Touring: $35,035
2015 Honda Pilot LX: $29,870
2015 Honda Pilot EX-L: $35,370
2015 Honda Pilot Touring: $40,020
Trims and Features
- CX-9 Sport vs. Pilot LX: The 2015 CX-9 comes standard with 18-inch alloy wheels, a roof spoiler, and HD radio. The Pilot has smaller steel wheels and neither of those other features. Plus, drivers with a CX-9 have the option to add heated, power front seats, and heated mirrors. Those comfort and convenience features are not available at all on the Pilot.
- CX-9 Touring vs. Pilot EX-L: The CX-9 comes with advanced safety features like blind spot monitoring and a rear cross traffic alert as well as aesthetic and comfort upgrades like leather upholstery. The Pilot also has leather upholstery, but most of the other enhancements at this trim level are only available as options, meaning you have to pay even more to get the vehicle you really want.
- CX-9 Grand Touring vs. the Pilot Touring: The CX-9 provides true levels of luxury with 20-inch wheels, bi-xenon headlights, upgraded inside and outside design elements, and a power liftgate. The Pilot Touring makes only minor upgrades, adding underwhelming features like sunshades, roof rails, and improved tire pressure monitoring. Despite the extra cost, this Pilot feels the same as lower level trims.
- Power: The CX-9 runs on a 3.7L V6 that puts out 273 hp and 270 lb-ft of torque. The Pilot has a smaller 2.5L V6 with an output of only 250 hp and 253 lb-ft of torque.
- Speed: The CX-9 does zero to 60 mph in a zippy 7.5 seconds. The Pilot takes 8.9 seconds to reach the same speed.
The CX-9 offers 101 cubic feet of total cargo space while the Pilot offers just 87 cubic feet. For back row access, the Mazda CX-9 has a large rear door that makes access to the third row of seating especially easy. The second row of seating in the CX-9 slides forwards and backwards and reclines to provide a range of configuration options. The seats in the Pilot are stationary.
- The CX-9 comes standard with a rollover sensor and active head restraints, features that aren’t available on the Pilot.
- Optional safety features for the CX-9 include blind spot monitoring, rear parking sensors, a rear cross-traffic alert, and a rearview camera. The only one the Pilot offers is the rearview camera.
Decide if the 2015 Mazda CX-9 is Right for You
Now you know how much more the 2015 Mazda CX-9 has to offer, it’s time to find out how fun it feels on the road. Take a test drive by traveling less than an hour south of Tampa to Cox Mazda at 3101 Cortez Road West in Bradenton, FL. The newest CX-9 is on our lot right now at every trim level, in lots of colors, and with all the options you want. Experience it in person seven days a week.