The 2015 Mazda6 vs. the 2015 Toyota Camry
The Toyota Camry has been a popular sedan for years now, but over time the model has become noticeably stale. Thankfully, drivers looking for a reliable and sensible sedan that also has a fair amount of style and some zip under the hood can find everything they’re looking for and more in the 2015 Mazda6. The new Mazda6 sports sedan is available now at Cox Mazda in Bradenton, and it is the ideal choice if you’re traveling in and around Tampa. Learn how the latest Mazda6 fairs when compared side by side with the 2015 Toyota Camry, and decide for yourself which model you’d rather be driving.
Midsize Sedan Price
The 2015 Mazda6 has a lower introductory price than the 2015 Toyota Camry, but if drivers are looking for something more luxurious, the Mazda6 is also the clear choice
- 2015 Mazda6 Sport: $21,190
- 2015 Mazda6 Touring: $23,845
- 2015 Mazda6 Grand Touring: $29,895
- 2015 Toyota Camry LE: $22,970
- 2015 Toyota Camry SE: $23,840
- 2015 Toyota Camry XSE: $26,150
- 2015 Toyota Camry XLE: $26,150
- The Mazda6 is powered by a 2.5L four-cylinder that puts out 184 hp and 185 lb-ft of torque. Both six-speed manual and automatic transmission options are available. In independent testing, this engine was able to reach 60 mph after just 7.6 seconds.
- The Camry is powered by a 2.5L four-cylinder engine that puts out 178 hp and 170 lb-ft of torque through a standard six-speed automatic transmission, which is less power than the standard Mazda6 engine. That engine can reach 60 mph after 8.4 seconds, which is almost a full second more. A 3.5L V6 engine that puts out 268 hp and 248 lb-ft of torque is also available on the highest level trims if you choose to pay extra.
- Max fuel economy in the Mazda6 tops out at 28 mpg in the city and 40 mpg on the highway.
- Max fuel economy in the Camry reaches just 25 mpg in the city and 35 mpg on the highway. That’s a whole lot more gas you’ll be buying if you choosing this model.
Trims and Features
Which model offers more of the features that you want and need?
- Mazda6 Sport vs. Camry LE: The baseline Mazda6 trim includes 17-inch alloy wheels, a 3.5-inch infotainment display, and a six speaker stereo. Drivers have the option to add Bluetooth phone and audio connectivity, a touchscreen display, a rearview camera and enhanced audio capabilities. The Camry, by contrast, comes standard with 16-inch steel wheels, basic air conditioning, cloth upholstery, and other features that fail to impress.
- Mazda6 Touring vs. Camry SE: Moving up the trim ladder, the next Mazda6 adds 19-inch alloy wheels, keyless entry and ignition, premium vinyl upholstery, dual-zone climate controls, and an optional sunroof, 11-speaker premium Bose stereo system and more. This Camry trim builds on the last largely through minor cosmetic upgrades alone.
- Mazda6 Grand Touring vs. Camry XLE: The top-of-the-line Mazda6 trim is impressively appointed with a rear spoiler, LED running lights, foglights, leather upholstery, and all of the optional features mentioned above now standard. The best Camry trim is a comfort-oriented build with only a few standard upgrades. Drivers will need to pay extra to get the features they want unless they opt for the V6 engine.
- The Mazda6 earned a perfect five-star rating from the National Highway Traffic Safety Administration. The Camry has not been awarded an overall rating because it has not completed the important side-impact crash test.
- The Mazda6 and the Camry were awarded almost identical scores in crash tests conducted by the Insurance Institute of Highway Safety. The most significant difference was that the Mazda6 was awarded an advanced rating for front-collision mitigation while the Camry earned a score of just basic.
Visit Cox Mazda to Test Drive Your New Car
To review, the 2015 Mazda6 is more affordable, more fuel efficient, safer, and equipped with advanced features at every level. Plus, there is no mistaking it on the road, while the Camry’s styling is largely forgettable. Discover just how great the Mazda6 is by visiting Cox Mazda at 3101 Cortez Road W. in Bradenton, FL. We are less than an hour south of Tampa and the area’s premier destination for the full Mazda lineup. Visit us seven days a week to work with our professional sales staff.