2016 Mazda CX-3 vs 2016 Honda CR-V
When it comes to sleek crossover SUVs that offer the tech features and fuel efficiency that modern drivers desire, few choices compare to the 2016 Mazda CX-3, available now to Palmetto and Memphis drivers at Cox Mazda. For those who aren’t convinced, our experts have put together a comparison of the 2016 Mazda CX-3 and a competitor, the 2016 Honda CR-V. When it comes to connectivity, efficiency, and value, the Honda simply can’t keep up.
The 2016 Mazda CX-3 offers top-shelf standard features that the 2016 Honda CR-V only includes as expensive options:
- 2016 Mazda CX-3 – All trims receive access to the Mazda Connect Infotainment system with 7-inch color touchscreen interface. This system delivers access to internet music services like Aha, Pandora, and Stitcher, as well as text messaging delivery and relay, voice command, Multifunction Commander Control, optional navigation functions, and E911 services to contact emergency services should you be involved in an accident.
- 2016 Honda CR-V – The Honda can be equipped with the HondaLink Next Generation infotainment system, but only on the EX trims and above at an additional cost. Drivers interested in features like voice recognition and navigation will have to upgrade to the EX-L before it becomes available as an additional option, and only if they’re willing to pay extra for it.
Both the Mazda CX-3 and the Honda CR-V are available with 2WD and AWD powertrains, though in both iterations, the Mazda provides superior fuel economy:
- 2016 Mazda CX-3 – The FWD Mazda CX-3 delivers EPA-estimated fuel economy of 29 mpg/city and 35 mpg/highway. When equipped with the AWD drivetrain, the Mazda is capable of 29 mpg/city and 35 mpg/highway, giving drivers more bang for their gas-buying buck.
- 2016 Honda CR-V – As a 2WD vehicle, the Honda CR-V is capable of 26 mpg/city and 33 mpg/highway as tested by the EPA. When equipped with AWD, the CR-V’s efficiency drops to 25 mpg/city and 31 mpg/highway.
Whether drivers choose the base model of the 2016 Mazda CX-3, or load up on features with the Grand Touring Trim, the Mazda is easier on the budget than the CR-V:
- 2016 Mazda CX-3 – The Mazda CX-3 has a base price of just $19,960 MSRP, with the nicely equipped Grand Touring model starting at $24,990. Mazda drivers also have access to features like Blind Spot Monitoring and Rear Cross Traffic Alert that are not available on the Honda CR-V at any trim level.
- 2016 Honda CR-V – The 2016 Honda CR-V has a base price of $23,745 MSRP, while the upper-level Touring trim has a base price of $32,095 – nearly $7,000 more than the Mazda. Even at this higher price, Honda buyers cannot add options like a factory remote engine starting system or Rain Sensing Wipers for driver convenience.
See the 2016 Mazda CX-3 in Action at Your Leading Palmetto and Memphis Mazda Dealer
Contact the friendly staff of Cox Mazda at (888) 260-1691 to learn more about what the 2016 Mazda CX-3 has to offer our Palmetto and Memphis customers. You can also feel free to drop by our showroom at 3101 Cortez Road West in Bradenton, FL to test drive one for yourself today.