2016 Mazda CX-3 vs 2016 Subaru Outback
For power, performance, and intelligent design, there are few compact SUVs that stand up to the 2016 Mazda CX-3, on sale for Palmetto and Memphis drivers now at Cox Mazda. For those who are still undecided, we’ve prepared a comparison of the 2016 Mazda CX-3 and a close rival, the 2016 Subaru Outback. When it comes to things like value, driver convenience, and reliability, there’s no question which crossover is the better choice.
The 2016 Mazda CX-3 offers a better initial value than the 2016 Subaru Outback:
- 2016 Mazda CX-3 – The 2016 Mazda CX-3 Sport is available for a base price of just $19,960* and delivers up to an EPA-estimated 29 mpg/city and 35 mpg/highway fuel economy from the sporty 2WD drivetrain equipped with automatic transmission.
- 2016 Subaru Outback – The Subaru Outback has a base price of $24,995 and offers fuel efficiency of just 25 mpg/city and 33 mph highway as tested by the EPA. Drivers who desire a more fuel efficient 2WD option will be out of luck, as the Subaru is only available with an AWD drivetrain.
The 2016 Mazda CX-3 offers a number of attractive amenities that either aren’t available on the Subaru, or only come at an additional cost:
- 2016 Mazda CX-3 – The 2016 Mazda CX-3 comes equipped with the innovative E911 feature as standard equipment. This feature can notify 911 for you if you are involved in a collision, thanks to the GPS navigation system which is standard on many trims. The Mazda also offers convenient features like high beam control, which helps to prevent blinding oncoming drivers, and available rain-sensing wipers which turn on and off independently depending upon the moisture they encounter.
- 2016 Subaru Outback – The Outback does not offer an E11 service so, should drivers be unable to call for assistance on their own, they may have an extended wait – if any help arrives at all. The Outback does offer navigation on select trims, but only as an option, so drivers will have to spend more to get it. None of the 2016 Outback trims offer high beam control or rain-sensing wipers.
Mazda prides itself on producing reliable, fun-to-drive vehicles, and the 2016 Mazda CX-3 is no exception:
- 2016 Mazda CX-3 – In recent J.D. Power and Associates testing, the Mazda ranked well in both initial quality and in a survey of owners regarding three-year reliability. And, since there are 20-percent more Mazda dealers in the United States than Subaru, finding a service center is simple should the CX-3 require maintenance.
- 2016 Subaru Outback – In the same J.D. Power and Associates testing, the Subaru rated 30th for initial quality, and below average in long term reliability and customer satisfaction. And, with fewer Subaru service centers available, it can be more difficult and more costly to have your Subaru repaired when necessary.
Experience the 2016 Mazda CX-3 at Your Leading Palmetto and Memphis Mazda Dealer
To learn more about the 2016 Mazda CX-3, and how Palmetto and Memphis drivers can get behind the wheel of one today, contact Cox Mazda at (888) 260-1691 or visit our showroom at 3101 Cortez Road West in Bradenton, FL.
*Starting at $19,960 MSRP plus $880 destination (Alaska $925) for 2016 Mazda CX-3 Sport FWD. Mazda CX-3 Grand Touring AWD model shown, $26,240 MSRP plus $880 destination (Alaska $925). MSRP excludes taxes, title and license fees. Actual dealer price will vary. See dealer for complete details.