2016 Mazda3 vs 2016 Chevrolet Cruze
If you’ve been searching for a versatile compact car that offers potent performance, innovative design, and popular advanced features, you’ve probably already considered the 2016 Mazda3, available now to Palmetto and Memphis customers at Cox Mazda. To help drivers still on the fence, we’ve created a comparison of the 2016 Mazda3 and its competitor, the 2016 Chevy Cruze. Take a look at our write-up to see why we think it’s it’s obvious which vehicle is the better overall choice.
The 2016 Mazda3 offers more power and better performance than the Chevy Cruze:
- 2016 Mazda3 – The 2016 Mazda3 cab be equipped with a 2.5L DOHC 4-cylinder engine that can produce 184 hp and 185 lb-ft of peak torque. It also offers an innovative regenerative braking system that helps to improve overall fuel efficiency by helping to recycle the vehicle’s kinetic energy. The 2016 Mazda3 is well-equipped to manage that extra power as well, with 11.61-inch front rotors that provide additional stopping power.
- 2015 Chevy Cruze – The Chevy Cruze base engine is a 1.4L turbocharged 4-cylinder motor that produces just 153 hp and 177 lb-ft of torque. The Cruze does not offer a regenerative braking system, so additional kinetic energy is wasted and cannot be harnessed. The Cruze also lacks the impressive stopping power of the Mazda, sporting front disc brakes that measure only 10.8 inches.
The 2016 Mazda3 provides drivers with a comfortable ride in a highly customizable package:
- 2016 Mazda3 – Drivers have the option of choosing between a sedan or hatchback body style for their 2016 Mazda3. The Mazda Hatchback offers greater interior volume, delivering 116.6 cubic feet of interior volume with as much as 20.2 cubic feet of interior cargo space behind the rear seat.
- 2015 Chevy Cruze – The Chevy Cruze is only available as a sedan, so drivers looking for a hatchback will have to shop elsewhere. The smaller Cruze is also only capable of delivering 109.6 cubic feet of interior volume with just 15.0 cubic feet of potential cargo space in the small trunk space.
In spite of the larger overall interior volume, the 2016 Mazda3 still measures 3.4 inches shorter than the Cruze, making it the easier car to park and maneuver in crowded urban environments.
The 2016 Mazda3 also offers more standard and available features than the 2016 Chevy Cruze:
- 2016 Mazda3 – Mazda’s engineers have equipped the 2016 Mazda3 with an available remote vehicle starting system that allows drivers to start the vehicle from the comfort of their home. The 2016 Mazda3 can also be equipped with a heads-up display for convenient viewing of information like speed and direction, as well as features like rain sensitive wipers and automatic dimming headlights that make driving at night more convenient for everyone.
- 2015 Chevy Cruze – The Cruze does not offer a remote vehicle starting system, so drivers have to brave the elements when starting their car in bad weather. The Chevy Cruze also doesn’t offer a heads-up display feature, nor can drivers look forward to the convenience of rain sensing wipers or auto dimming headlights.
Get to Know the 2016 Mazda3 Today at the Prefferred Mazda Dealer Around Palmetto and Memphis
To schedule your test drive of the 2016 Mazda3, stop by your local Palmetto and Memphis Mazda dealer today. Contact Cox Mazda at (888) 260-1691 or come by our showroom at 3101 Cortez Road West in Bradenton, FL.