2016 Mazda3 vs 2016 Honda Civic
If you’ve been looking for an innovative compact with the features that drivers demand, you’ve probably considered the 2016 Mazda3. The 2016 Mazda3 offers South Bradenton and Palmetto shoppers power, performance, and the superior construction of a top-of-the-line sedan, and all at an affordable price. In order to demonstrate the Mazda’s superiority over the competition, we’ve compared it to the 2016 Honda Civic. We think it’s easy to see which offers the better overall value.
When it comes to safety and construction, the 2016 Mazda3 is simply built better than the Honda Civic:
- 2016 Mazda3 – The 2016 Mazda3 is equipped with SKYACTIV®-Body ring structure, with side impact door beams and a collapsible steering column, which provides superior durability and protection during a collision, keeping cabin occupants safer. The Mazda is also equipped with a standard E911 system that can notify emergency services in the event of an accident in which the airbags deploy.
- 2016 Honda Civic – The Civic’s construction doesn’t involve the superior rigidity of Body Ring construction, so in a collision, cabin occupants aren’t as secure and may be more likely to be injured. The Civic isn’t equipped with an emergency 911 notification system either, so in certain accidents there may be no way to call for help.
The 2016 Mazda3 delivers more power and better handling than the Honda Civic:
- 2016 Mazda3 – The 2016 Mazda3 features a standard 2.0L DOHC 4-cylinder engine capable of producing 155 hp and 150 lb-ft of torque, while the available 2.5L DOHC 4-cylinder produces 184 hp and 185 lb-ft of torque. The 2016 Mazda3 is better at controlling that power too with a superior braking system that is able to bring the vehicle to a stop from 60 mph in just 117 feet.
- 2016 Honda Civic – The Honda Civic’s base inline 2.0L 4-cylinder engine offers just 158-hp and 138 lb-ft of torque, while the turbocharged 1.5L engine delivers 174 hp and 162 lb-ft of peak torque. The Civic’s brakes aren’t as powerful as the 2016 Mazda3 either, taking 123 feet to come to a full stop from 60 mph – an additional 6 feet over the Mazda.
The Mazda3 is not only more affordable at the time of purchase, but also offers drivers a better value over its lifetime than the Honda Civic:
- 2016 Mazda3 – The 2016 Mazda3 has a base price of just $17,845 and has been selected by Car and Driver as a Top Ten for 3 of the last 6 years, and by Automobile Magazine as an All Star in 3 of the last 11 years. The last time the Civic made either of those lists was in 1997.
- 2016 Honda Civic – The 2016 Honda Civic has a base price of $18,290 and was estimated by both the Complete Car Cost Guide and Intellichoice to have a higher cost of ownership in the long run with fuel, insurance and depreciation costs of as much as $736 more over a five-year period.
Experience the 2016 Mazda3 Today at Your Premier South Bradenton and Palmetto Mazda Dealer
To learn more about the 2016 Mazda3 now available at your leading South Bradenton and Palmetto Mazda Dealer, contact Cox Mazda at (888) 260-1691 or stop by our showroom at 3101 Cortez Road West in Bradenton, FL.