2016 Mazda CX-3 vs. 2016 Buick Encore
If you’ve been considering one of the new 2016 Mazda CX-3 crossover SUVs near Sarasota and Tampa, but aren’t sure how well it stacks up against the competition, we have the answer. The experts at Cox Mazda have prepared a comparison of the 2016 Mazda CX-3 and one of its nearest competitors, the 2016 Buick Encore. We’ve compared features like safety, performance, and amenities and found that the 2016 Mazda CX-3 easily outclasses the “luxury” Buick, but you don’t have to take our word for it, read on and decide for yourself.
The 2016 Mazda CX-3 offers a more complete advanced safety package than the 2016 Buick Encore:
- 2016 Mazda CX-3 – The 2016 Mazda CX-3 offers Forward Collision Warning with Smart City Brake Support on select models. This feature uses forward-mounted sensors to monitor the area to the front of the vehicle for obstacles alerting the driver to their presence. If the driver doesn’t react, the system can apply the brakes at full force in an effort to avoid a collision or, at the least, reduce its severity.
- 2016 Buick Encore – The Buick Encore can be equipped with Forward Collision Warning, but lacks automatic braking. Without this feature, the vehicle can only send driver alerts and can do nothing to prevent an incident.
For power, responsiveness, and fuel economy, the 2016 Mazda CX-3 easily outperforms the Buick Encore:
- 2016 Mazda CX-3 – The base engine for the 2016 Mazda CX-3 is a 2.0L 4-cylinder that can produce 146 hp and reaches 0-60 MPH in just 9.6 seconds, allowing drivers to get to highway speeds more quickly. With this motor, drivers also receive exceptional fuel efficiency, with the crossover achieving up to 29 mpg/city and 35 mpg/highway in EPA testing.
- 2016 Buick Encore – The Buick Encore’s base engine is a 1.4L turbocharged 4-cylinder engine that achieves just 138 hp. This weaker engine requires a full 11 seconds to reach 60 MPH from a stop and only delivered 25 mpg/city and 33 mpg/highway fuel economy in EPA testing, making it slower and less economical to drive.
When it comes to standard and available amenities, the 2016 Mazda CX-3 delivers features the Buick Encore cannot match, including:
- 2016 Mazda CX-3 – Drivers can also add options like Advanced Keyless Entry with start that will allow drivers to open the vehicle and start the engine without removing the keys from their pockets. For better visibility and safety select models offer automatic dimming high beams, adaptive headlights, and Radar Cruise control, which can automatically slow the vehicle if it detects and object in the crossover’s path.
- 2016 Buick Encore – While the Buick Encore does offer remote entry, there is no Advanced key system, making it less convenient for drivers to enter the vehicle if their hands are full or they’re in a hurry. The Encore is also missing advanced features, like auto-dimming high beams, adaptive headlamps, and Radar Cruise control.
Experience the 2016 Mazda CX-3 Near Sarasota and Tampa at Cox
Test-drive the 2016 Mazda CX-3 at your leading Sarasota and Tampa dealer and see why you need to take one home today. Contact Cox Mazda at (941) 749-2790 or visit our showroom at 3101 CORTEZ ROAD WEST in Bradenton, FL.