2016 Mazda CX-9 vs 2017 Ford Escape
Drivers looking for a crossover SUV can get overwhelmed with all the available options, but the 2016 Mazda CX-9 is a standout in the crowd. With a host of standard and available amenities at an affordable price, the 2016 Mazda CX-9 offers Tampa and Sarasota drivers the comfort and performance they crave. Another popular option—and a rival in its segment— is the 2017 Ford Escape. Read on to see how these two vehicles compare, then stop by Cox Mazda to see the 2016 Mazda CX-9 for yourself.
An SUV should be fun to drive and the 2016 Mazda CX-9 fits the bill:
- 2016 Mazda CX-9 – The performance inspired 2.5 liter SKYACTIV®-G 4 cylinder engine in the 2016 Mazda CX-9 is capable of producing 250 hp and 310 lb.-ft. of torque. Additionally, the 2016 Mazda CX-9 achieves an efficient EPA-estimated 22 mpg/city and 28 mpg/highway
- 2017 Ford Escape – With three engine options, the 2017 Ford Escape offers a range of engine specifications. Its top performer is the 2.0 liter Twin Scrool EcoBoost that produces 245 hp and 275 lb.-ft. of torque. The Escape achieves a proficient EPA-estimated 23 mpg/city and 30 mpg/highway.
The 2016 Mazda CX-9 is available in four trim levels: Sport, Touring, Grand Touring, and Signature. The 2017 Ford Escape is available in three trim levels: S, SE, and Titanium. To help drivers sort through their options, we’ve compared them below:
- CX-9 Sport vs. Escape S: The baseline CX-9 Sport sits on 18” aluminum-alloy wheels, and has dual exhaust outlets, three-zone climate control, power windows and door locks, remote keyless entry, and a rearview camera. The baseline Escape S features a 2.5L i-VCT engine with a 6-speed automatic transmission, 17” wheels, SYNC technology, and a rearview camera.
- CX-9 Touring vs. Escape SE: The CX-9 Touring offers a power rear liftgate, power driver and front passenger seats, leather trimmed seats, heated front seats, and roll stability control. The Escape SE is powered by a 1.5L EcoBoost engine. It offers dual zone temperature controls, a power driver seat with lumbar, and fog lamps.
- CX-9 Grand Touring vs. Escape Titanium: The CX-9 Grand Touring gets you a power sliding moonroof, automatic headlights, rain-sensing windshield wipers, a Bose audio system, driver’s power seat memory, lane departure warning system, a power liftgate, and a rearview camera. The Escape Titanium boasts SYNC 3 technology, a hands free, foot activated liftgate, leather trimmed seats, and a Sony audio system.
- CX-9 Signature: The unmatched CX-9 Signature features Nappa leather trimmed seats, genuine Rosewood interior trim, LED grille accent lighting, 20” aluminum-alloy wheels, and a multifunction command center with MAZDA CONNECT™ infotainment system.
In terms of advanced preventative and reactive safety features, we think it’s clear which vehicle comes out on top:
- 2016 Mazda CX-9 – You will be well protected in the 2016 Mazda CX-9 with antilock brakes, traction and stability control, advanced dual front air bags, front side-impact air bags, roll stability control, and side-impact door beams. Advanced safety features include available Distance Recognition Support System, Lane Keep Assist, rear backup sensors, and Smart City Brake Support.
- 2017 Ford Escape – The Escape has many of the same standard safety features, but is lacking in advanced safety features. To add optional safety features like the Lane Keep System, you’ll need to shell out for the upper-tier Titanium trim level.
Test Drive the 2016 Mazda CX-9 Near Tampa and Sarasota Today
Visit Cox Mazda at 3101 CORTEZ ROAD WEST in Bradenton to see the 2016 Mazda CX-9 in person. Contact us online or at (941) 749-2790 to schedule your test drive right away!