2016 Mazda CX-9 vs. 2017 Hyundai Santa Fe
The 2016 Mazda CX-9 specs and safety features make it one of the most popular family vehicles at Cox Mazda, serving Tampa and Sarasota drivers well. Of course, we know that the crossover market is booming and you have many different vehicles to choose from, so we decided to help you out. We’ve put the 2016 Mazda CX-9 up against a top competitor, the 2017 Hyundai Santa Fe to show you why we think Mazda’s crossover is the better choice in key areas like fuel economy, cargo volume, and safety features.
While both of these vehicles have powerful engines under the hood, the turbocharged design of the SKYACTIV®-G 2.5T gives the 2016 Mazda CX-9 a couple of significant advantages:
- Torque: While these crossovers have comparable horsepower, the turbocharged Mazda powertrain brings the torque with 310 lb.-ft. to the Hyundai’s 252 lb.-ft. of torque – that’s a difference you’ll feel with every acceleration.
- Fuel Economy: The 2017 Santa Fe earns an EPA-estimated 25 mpg/highway and 18 mpg/city, falling short of the 2016 Mazda CX-9’s 28 mpg/highway and 22 mpg/city.
Whether you’re seeking a powerful new crossover or one that promotes efficiency and budget-friendly driving, we think it’s clear that the Mazda has the edge.
Many crossovers have many of the same advanced safety features available, but what sets the 2016 Mazda CX-9 safety technologies apart from the 2017 Hyundai Santa Fe is in the details, particularly in what trims they are found on.
- Hyundai: The Santa Fe only has features like forward collision mitigation and lane departure warning available as upgrades on their highest trim level.
- Mazda: The 2016 Mazda CX-9 has advanced safety features like Smart City Brake Support, Lane Departure Warning, Lane Keep Assist, and much more included on both the Grand Touring and Signature models.
Put simply, Hyundai wants drivers to pay extra for safety, even on their highest trim levels.
As a top family vehicle choice, the 2016 Mazda CX-9 has to be safe, yes, but there are other factors that matter to the family on the go. The 2016 Mazda CX-9 cargo volume, for instance, offers more in the way of storage space than the Hyundai counterpart:
- Mazda: The 2016 Mazda CX-9 has a standard 14.4 cubic feet of rear cargo space, giving plenty of room for the kids’ school supplies and filling up easily with a load of groceries for the whole family.
- Hyundai: While both vehicles have three rows of seating, Hyundai squanders its interior space, offering just 13.5 cubic feet in the cargo area.
It may seem like a small difference, but it’s one that you’ll notice when trying to find room for that last bag of groceries or one of the kids’ backpacks.
Test Drive a 2016 Mazda CX-9 Near Tampa and Sarasota Today
Now that you know a bit of what sets these two vehicles apart, let us show you the 2016 Mazda CX-9 performance specs in action. Sarasota and Tampa drivers, stop by Cox Mazda in Bradenton at 3101 CORTEZ ROAD WEST for a test drive. Contact us online or by phone at (941) 749-2790 with any questions about the 2016 Mazda CX-9 or our other models.