2016 Mazda MX-5 Miata vs 2016 Volkswagen Eos
The 2016 Mazda MX-5 Miata provides Palmetto and Memphis drivers with a thrilling ride and dynamic design that the competition tries, and fails, to emulate. To demonstrate the superiority of this sporty compact we have compared it to its much more expensive rival, the 2016 Volkswagen Eos. Read it through, then come visit Cox Mazda to test drive your Miata today.
Performance and Efficiency
The 2016 Mazda MX-5 Miata easily outperforms the 2016 Volkswagen Eos under the hood:
- 2016 Mazda MX-5 Miata – In Car and Driver testing, the 2016 Mazda MX-5 Miata was able to come to a complete stop from 70 mph in just 158 feet. This is helped in part because of a superior braking system as well as the lightweight design used it in its construction. Lighter means more fuel efficient as well, with the 2016 Mazda MX-5 Miata achieving up to 27 mpg/city and 26 mpg/highway fuel efficiency in EPA testing.
- 2016 Volkswagen Eos – The EOS is 1150-1200 pounds heavier than the 2016 Mazda MX-5 Miata making it harder to stop and less efficient. In the same Car and Driver testing, the Eos needed 176 feet to come to a stop from 70 mph, a full 18 feet more. In EPA testing, the Eos only managed 22 mpg/city and 30 mpg/highway efficiency, a reduction of nearly 20% compared to the 2016 Mazda MX-5 Miata.
The 2016 Mazda MX-5 Miata offers a number of safety features not found on the Eos, including:
- 2016 Mazda MX-5 Miata – The 2016 Mazda MX-5 Miata Grand Touring trim is equipped with a Lane Departure Warning system to alert drivers if they veer from their lane, as well as a Blind Spot Warning system and Cross Path Warning system to help drivers avoid obstacles they may not otherwise be able to see.
- 2016 Volkswagen Eos – The Eos cannot be equipped with a Lane Departure Warning system, nor does it offer options like Blind Spot Warning, or rear Cross Path Warning system, putting drivers at risk of accidents with objects they may not be able to visualize through its main blind spots.
The 2016 Mazda MX-5 Miata offers a number of compelling feature not available on the Volkswagen Eos, including:
- 2016 Mazda MX-5 Miata – The 2016 Mazda MX-5 Miata is equipped with locking childproof windows with remote access, which allows drivers to open the windows up and cool the car before entering on a hot day. The 2016 Mazda MX-5 Miata also offers convenience features like rain-sensing wipers, auto-dimming high beams, and integrated factory smart phone access.
- 2016 Volkswagen Eos – The Eos doesn’t offer standard child proof locks or a remote function for the power windows, requiring drivers to climb into their hot car and start it to get the windows down. Drivers also miss out on access to rain-sensing wipers, auto-dimming high beam headlights or a factory system to control their smart phone requiring them to purchase an expensive aftermarket system on top of paying a base price that is more than $7,000 higher than the 2016 Mazda MX-5 Miata.
Test Drive a 2016 Mazda MX-5 Miata Cox Mazda, The Premier Mazda Dealer Serving Palmetto and Memphis
To get behind the wheel of the 2016 Mazda MX-5 Miata, available to Palmetto and Memphis drivers at Cox Mazda, contact us at (888) 260-1691 or visit our showroom at 3101 Cortez Road West in Bradenton, FL.