Mazda MX-5 Miata vs. Nissan 370Z
The 2013 Mazda MX-5 Miata vs. The 2013 Nissan 370Z
Those in the Tampa area seeking a sporty, fun, reliable coupe convertible will certainly encounter the 2013 Mazda MX-5 Miata and the 2013 Nissan 370Z in their search. After all of the facts have been laid out, we here at Cox Mazda in Bradenton have no doubt that drivers will find that the Miata is the choice automobile. The Miata is a much more affordable buy with an MSRP of $23,720 compared to the 370Z’s MSRP of $33,120, and you’ll be especially puzzled by the price difference when you see how the Miata takes every comparison category below.
- Handling – The new MX-5 Miata is lighter than the 370Z by about 850 pounds, allowing the Miata to take turns tighter and faster while achieving faster acceleration as well. The Miata is also 9.9 inches shorter than the 370Z, which adds to the Miata’s maneuverability and lets the car park in tighter spaces.
- Suspension – With standard front and rear gas-charged shocks for better control over choppy roads, the Miata has the advantage over the 370Z’s suspension which does not offer gas-charged shocks.
- Fuel Economy – Across all available transmissions, the Miata gets better EPA estimated fuel economy. Both the 6-speed manual and automatic Miata transmissions get 21 mpg city and 28 mpg highway, compared to the 370Z’s transmissions which get 17/18 mpg city and 24/25 mpg highway.
- Warranty – The Miata comes with free roadside assistance for 3 years and 36,000 miles, and Mazda will even send help if you run out of gas, lock your keys in the car, or need any kind of assistance on the road. Nissan does not provide free roadside assistance for the 370Z.
- Maintenance – According to “The Car Book” by Jack Gillis, the Miata is less expensive to repair than the 370Z. Repairs like a replacement water pump cost $320 less for the Miata than the 370Z, along with a new starter or front brakes which are $115 and $15 less respectively.
Test Drive the Supreme Coupe Convertible at Cox Mazda Today!
The 2013 Mazda MX-5 Miata is brand new and available at Cox Mazda! If you have any questions about the Miata, or any other new Mazda models, contact our sales team by calling (888) 260-1691 or come visit us at 3101 Cortez Road in Bradenton! We’re only an hour’s drive from Tampa and we would be happy to set you up with a test drive at your convenience.