Mazda2 vs. Scion iQ
The 2013 Mazda2 vs. The 2013 Scion iQ
The competition in the subcompact hatchback segment is heating up as more and more consumers realize how practical and versatile these little cars are. At Cox Mazda in Bradenton, the premiere Tampa area car dealer, we’re happy to be able to carry the 2013 Mazda2, a first rate entry that offers plenty of cargo space, great fuel economy, and a bit of sportiness to spice things up. The 2013 Scion iQ is a worthy competitor that has made a recent push in the market, so let’s take a look at which model is the better choice.
The Mazda Advantage
While style is subjective, most will agree that the Mazda2 comes out ahead of the Scion iQ in that arena. There are many other areas where the Mazda2 simply comes out ahead of the Scion based on pure fact. Here are just a few:
- The 2013 Mazda2 starts at an MSRP of $14,720, which is about $800 less than the $15,496 for the Scion.
- The Mazda2 and the iQ get similar gas mileage on the highway, but the Mazda2 has an 11.3 gallon gas tank, while the iQ’s only holds 8.5 gallons. That’s more trips to the gas station no matter how you slice it.
- The Mazda2 will feel more lively and be more fun to drive because it cranks out 100 hp and 98 lb-ft of torque with its 1.5L DOHC four-cylinder. The Scion iQ only makes 94 hp and 89 lb-ft of torque.
- If you’ve got friends or family to haul around, you’ll have room for five in the Mazda, but only four in the Scion. The Mazda even has a three point seatbelt in the middle rear seat, and adjustable seatbelts all around to accommodate all sizes of passengers; neither of those features are available on the Scion.
- When it comes to cargo volume, you’ll also be able to carry a whole lot more with the Mazda2, which boasts 13.3 cubic feet, nearly four times as much as the 3.5 cubic feet of the Scion.
Visit Cox Mazda Today
At Cox Mazda, we think that the Mazda2 is the ideal family vehicle. However, if it’s not quite the car for you, we also have a great selection of new Mazda models and pre-owned vehicles to choose from. Our dealership serves the Tampa area from 3101 Cortez Road West, in Bradenton, less than an hour south of central Tampa on I-75. Visit us today and let us help you find your next car.