2016 Mazda3 5-door vs. 2016 MINI Cooper
2016 Mazda3 5-door
With its formidable horsepower, generous fuel economy, and industry-leading technology, the 2016 Mazda3 5-door sedan and hatchback is a trailblazer in its class. Throughout its ninety-six years of business, Mazda has remained un-waveringly committed to committing the sum total of its best efforts to the craft and shaping of affordable luxury class vehicles to motorists worldwide. To help those who may still be on the fence about the 2016 Mazda3 5-door, we’ve stacked it up against a close rival, the 2016 MINI Cooper, to show how Sarasota and Tampa drivers won’t find a better suited car for their daily drive. Read on for the details, then stop by Cox Mazda to get behind the wheel.
The 2016 Mazda3 5-door packs plenty of punch under the hood:
- 2016 Mazda3 5-Door: The 2016 Mazda3 5-door touts an efficient powertrain capable of achieving 155 hp and 150 lb.-ft. of torque courtesy of its standard SKYACTIV®*-G 2.0L DOHC 4-cylinder powertrain. The 2016 Mazda3 5-door also offers an alternate upgraded I-4 engine that kicks out a total of 184 hp and 185 lb.-ft. of torque. The 2016 Mazda3 5-door is capable of achieving a top speed of 155 miles per hour.
- 2016 MINI Cooper: The MINI Cooper has a base turbocharged 1.5L three-cylinder engine that produces 134 hp and 162 lb.-ft. of torque. As far as top speed is concerned, the 2016 MINI Cooper is only capable of a maximum 130 mph.
Being able to reach your destination via the most economically-conscious route is just as important as getting there on time. Here’s what the 2016 Mazda3 5-door and the 2016 MINI Cooper have to offer in the way of fuel efficiency:
- 2016 Mazda3 5-Door: The 2016 Mazda3 comes in the choice of either a SKYACTIV®*-MT 6-speed manual transmission system or, alternatively, an optional SKYACTIV®*-Drive 6-speed electronically controlled automatic system with manual-shift mode capability.The 2016 Mazda3 5-door touts a superb standard fuel estimate of 29 mpg/city and 40 mpg/highway, while its automatic option produces an upgraded estimate of 30 mpg/city and 40 mpg/highway.
- 2016 MINI Cooper: The 2016 Mini Cooper comes standard equipped with a six-speed manual transmission system with the option of a six-speed automatic as well. Even when properly equipped, the MINI Cooper delivers a fuel economy estimate of just 26 mpg/city and 33 mpg/highway.
Mazda’s engineers have gone all out to ensure that the 2016 Mazda3 5-door is the epitome of well-designed safety:
- 2016 Mazda3 5-Door: The 2016 Mazda3 is fully equipped with an exhaustive suite of proactive safety features standard among all of its available trims. The 2016 Mazda3 5-door has earned a sterling five-star overall crash test rating from the NHTSA. With consummate front and back seat safety ratings and a rollover estimate as low as 10.5%, the 2016 Mazda 3 5-door is a premium example of proficient safety.
- 2016 MINI Cooper: The Mini Cooper comes with all the requisite safety features in the form of front and rear head airbags and dual-mounted side airbags, but with an overall four-star rating from NHTSA and a rollover likelihood of 11.1%, the MINI Cooper simply can’t beat the 2016 Mazda3 5-door’s consummate safety design.
Experience the 2016 Mazda3 5-door and Hatchback Available in Sarasota and Tampa at Cox Mazda
To test drive a 2016 Mazda3 5-door near Sarasota and Tampa, stop by Cox Mazda at 3101 Cortez Rd W in Bradenton today. You can also contact us online or by phone at (941) 749-2790 for more information.