The 2017 Mazda CX-3 Safety Features
As safe as it is comfortable and sporty, the 2017 Mazda CX-3 brings the right balance of power and safety features to Tampa and Sarasota drivers in search of a practical thrill. Now available with more advanced tech and improved engineering, this compact crossover is a dazzling choice for Cox Mazda drivers who demand and exciting design without the protection of world-class construction.
It’s been said that the best defense is a good offense and Mazda takes that principle to heart with the wide array of preventative measures offered in the sporty 2017 Mazda CX-3. Some of the most sought-after amenities include:
- i-ACTIV® AWD: Mazda’s innovative all-wheel drive system provides automatic torque leveling between the four wheels to ensure that, even when the roads are less that friendly, drivers maintain careful control.
- Power-Assist Steering: To ensure ideal maneuverability, the Mazda CX-3 is equipped with standard power-assist steering which provides instant feedback and quick response when drivers need it most.
- Rearview Camera: In order to give drivers a clear view of the area behind the Mazda CX-3, the automaker has equipped every trim level with a standard rearview camera and a dash-mounted display screen which engages automatically when the vehicle is shifted into reverse.
- Driver Assist: Advanced features like Blind Spot Monitoring and Rear Cross Traffic Alert are available on selected models to help drivers monitor the areas of the vehicle where visibility may be poor.
- I-ACTIVSENSE®: A package of optional advanced safety features including Mazda Radar Cruise Control with Close Proximity Warning, Distance Recognition Support, Smart City Brake Support, Lane Departure Warning, Collision Warning, Rain Sensing Windshield Wipers, High Beam Control, and auto on/off headlights monitors the area around the vehicle, intervening when needed to help prevent accidents.
- Anti-Theft: The Mazda anti-theft system with engine immobilizer helps to prevent auto theft by keeping the engine from being started if the correct key and transponder are not detected.
Just in case prevention isn’t enough, the CX-3 is designed with passive safety features that help cabin occupants to remain safe in a crash:
- Advanced Airbags: Every trim comes standard with a suite of advanced airbags that include seatbelt use, front passenger weight, and driver’s seat position sensors. Rear passengers are protected by side-impact airbags with rollover protection.
- Impact Protection: The use of high-strength steel in the vehicle’s frame, side-impact door beams, and strategic crumple zones in the front and rear of the vehicle to absorb impact force, help keep the cabin intact until help arrives.
- MAZDA CONNECT™: The onboard infotainment system doesn’t just provide hands-free calling to prevent distraction, in the event of a crash, the E911 system can contact emergency services and summon help, even if cabin occupants cannot.
Explore the 2017 CX-3 Safety Systems Designed to Keep Tampa and Sarasota Drivers Safe from Harm
Learn more about the innovative 2017 Mazda CX-3 safety features and see why Tampa and Sarasota families are choosing to put their faith in this dynamic crossover. Contact an associate at Cox Mazda at (941) 749-2790 or visit us at 3101 Cortez Road West in Bradenton, FL.