How Powerful Are the 2016 Mazda CX-5 Performance Specs?
The 2016 Mazda CX-5 compact crossover sport utility vehicle offers the performance specs that Tampa and Sarasota drivers are looking for, in a beautifully designed package. To illustrate the superior features this refined compact has to offer, the experts at Cox Mazda have created a catalog of its performance features, including engine size, fuel economy, and handling characteristics. We think one look and it will be easy to see why the 2016 Mazda CX-5 is one of the most popular vehicles on our lot.
2016 Mazda CX-5 Performance
The 2016 Mazda CX-5 offers Tampa and Sarasota drivers the choice of two capable engines, both with impressive performance features:
- 2.0L Engine – The Base engine available exclusively on the Sport Trim is the SKYACTIV®-G 2.0L DOHC 16-valve 4-cylinder powerplant with Variable Valve Timing which can be mated to either the SKYACTIV®-MT 6-speed manual transmission, or the SKYACTIV®-Drive 6-speed automatic transmission with manual-shift and Sport Mode and can be purchased as either a FWD on all models, or i-ACTIV AWD® on models with the automatic transmission. This engine is capable of returning 155 hp and 150 lb.-ft. of torque.
- 2.5L Powerplant – The Touring and Grand Touring trims are equipped with the SKYACTIV®-G 2.5L DOHC 16-valve 4-cylinder with Variable Valve Timing and SKYACTIV®-Drive 6-speed automatic transmission with manual-shift and Sport Mode and can be purchased with either Front-wheel drive (FWD) or i-ACTIV AWD®. This powerplant is capable of generating 184 hp and up to 185 lb.-ft. of peak torque.
In recent EPA testing, the 2016 Mazda CX-5 was able to return impressive fuel economy numbers from each of its performance engines:
- SKYACTIV®-G 2.0L – The base engine returned 26 mpg/city and 35 mpg/highway efficiency when paired with the manual transmission, 26 mpg/city and 33 mpg/highway efficiency with the FWD and automatic transmission, or 24 mpg/city and 30 mpg/highway fuel economy.
- SKYACTIV®-G 2.5L – The more potent 2.5L engine was able to deliver 26 mpg/city and 33 mpg/highway when mated to the FWD drivetrain and 24 mpg/city and 30 mpg/highway when paired with the AWD unit.
Additional Performance Features
In addition to potent, fuel-efficient engines, the 2016 Mazda CX-5 offers drivers a number of other features that help it to produce a smooth, controlled ride on any surface:
- 4-Wheel Disc Brakes – 4-wheel, 4-channel, disc brakes with ABS, Electronic Brakeforce Distribution, and Brake Assist are standard on all trims.
- Rack and Pinion – Electronic Power-Assist rack-and-pinion steering helps drivers to control the 2016 Mazda CX-5 under any conditions.
- MacPherson Struts – The standard MacPherson front struts with stabilizer bar and rear multilink rear suspension with stabilizer bar ensure a smooth ride even on rocky terrain.
- Soul of Motion Design – The 2016 Mazda CX-5 feature’s KODO “Soul of Motion” design that emphasizes an aggressive stance, a sculpted low-resistance profile, and a more aerodynamic exterior that improves performance and fuel economy.
Test-drive the 2016 Mazda CX-5 and See its Performance Specs in Action Near Tampa and Sarasota
Come test-drive the 2016 Mazda CX-5 and experience real performance and not just abstract specs. Tampa and Sarasota drivers are invited to contact Cox Mazda today at (888) 260-1691 or schedule a test-drive at 3101 Cortez Road West in Bradenton, FL.