2016 Mazda CX-9 Safety Features
We know that the 2016 Mazda CX-9 safety features are a top concern for Tampa and Sarasota drivers on the hunt for a family crossover. Rest assured, with a suite of passenger protection and accident avoidance features, every inch of this Mazda is engineered to ensure your safety.
At the core of the 2016 Mazda CX-9 safety features are the passenger protection standards that drivers expect to get them through an accident and end up safely on the other side:
- Seat Belts: Each seat in the 2016 Mazda CX-9 has a three-point seatbelt to go with it, keeping you secure and in place during an accident.
- Airbags: Front airbags, front seat side airbags, and full-length side curtain airbags deploy with enough force to cushion and are engineered to reduce the risk of injury.
- Stability and Traction Control: If the 2016 Mazda CX-9 senses that the vehicle has lost traction, it can adjust engine torque to help correct your vehicle’s course and put you back on track.
- Antilock Brakes: During heavy braking, the 2016 Mazda CX-9’s antilock system will pump the brakes on its own to prevent locking.
Safety features have gone well beyond the need to simply protect the passengers. The engineers at Mazda have worked hard to give the 2016 Mazda CX-9 the ability to help prevent accidents as well. Many of these features fall under Mazda’s i-ACTIVSENSE® suite of safety technologies, which includes:
- Rearview Camera: Back up with confidence with a crystal clear view of what’s behind your Mazda crossover.
- Blind-Spot Monitor: An available radar system is able to detect vehicles in your blind spots and light up an indicator to alert you.
- Rear Cross-Traffic Alert: The same radar of the Blind-Spot Monitor can detect movement from the left or right when backing out of a tight parking spot alerting you to traffic.
- Parking Sensors: Fit into even the tightest parallel parking spot with confidence thanks to the CX-9’s available parking sensors.
- Lane-Keeping Assistance: If the Mazda senses you’re drifting from your lane, this available safety system will alert the driver and help keep you centered in the lane.
- Distance Recognition Support System: At speeds of over 19 mph, this system detects the distance between you and the vehicle in front of you to coach a safe following distance, and alert you if you get too close.
- Collision Mitigation: At low speeds, the 2016 Mazda CX-9’s available collision mitigation system can actively apply the brakes and slow or stop the vehicle to avoid an accident.
Nobody should have to find out firsthand if their safety features work, and organizations like the National Highway Traffic Safety Administration (NHTSA) make sure you don’t have to. NHTSA crash safety tests of recent models include high scores in the following categories:
- Side Crash: Five Stars
- Rollover Safety: Four Stars
- Overall Safety: Four Stars
With how thorough the government NHTSA safety testings are, four-star scores are impressive, and we’re proud of the CX-9’s recent performance in the Side Crash test in particular.
Witness the 2016 Mazda CX-9 Safety Features at Your Leading Tampa and Sarasota Mazda Authority
Now that you know the 2016 Mazda CX-9 safety features make it a smart choice for a family vehicle, let us show you what else drivers love about this vehicle. Visit Cox Mazda at 3101 CORTEZ ROAD WEST in Bradenton – a short trip for our Tampa and Sarasota drivers. Contact us online or give us a call at (941) 749-2790 to schedule a test drive. Want to learn more? Be sure to compare the Mazda CX-9 vs. Toyota Highlander.