2016 Mazda MX-5 Miata Performance Specs and Features
We think it takes just one look at the 2016 Mazda MX-5 Miata performance specs to see why it’s already found a home in Tampa and Sarasota garages. Cox Mazda has three trim levels of the latest model in stock, each one carrying a peppy four-cylinder with your choice of manual and automatic transmissions. Despite the power, Mazda engineering and other performance oriented features help keep this roadster practical and fuel efficient.
Under the hood of each 2016 Mazda MX-5 Miata is a SKYACTIV® TECHNOLOGIES 2.0L DOHC 4-cylinder engine, the optimized for performance through Mazda’s motorsports division.
- Power: The 155 hp and 148 lb.-ft. of torque offered by the SKYACTIV® TECHNOLOGIES 2.0L DOHC 4-cylinder engine would be plenty for a larger car, elevating the performance of this roadster well beyond the reach of competitors.
- Fuel Economy: Even though this little car kicks out up to 155 hp, it remains efficient. The six-speed manual transmission gives added control while earning an EPA-estimated 34 mpg/highway while the six-speed automatic brings 36 mpg/highway.
While these performance specs are often the first things drivers think of when looking at an engine, they’re just the tip of the iceberg on the 2016 Mazda MX-5 Miata.
Other Performance Features
Mazda engineers have made significant changes to the frame and structure of the vehicle in order to get the most out of the 2016 Mazda MX-5 Miata performance specs. Those power and fuel economy numbers come from a variety of other standard and available performance features, including:
- Precision-Balanced Weight: The weight of the car is distributed evenly between the front and rear axles to offer improved cornering ability and enhanced control.
- Lighter Frame: The aluminum frame underpinning the roadster has experienced a significant weight loss, shedding nearly 20% of the previous generation’s heft.
- Rigid Chassis: While the SKYACTIV® Chassis is lightweight, it’s also rigid, helping to enhance the stability and nimble handling.
- Six-Speed Transmissions: The six-speed manual transmission brings the short-throw precision drivers have come to expect from this world-famous roadster while the six-speed automatic adds on steering wheel-mounted paddle shifters for improved control.
- Bilstein Shock Absorbers: Found on the Club trim, these absorbers work together with a shock-tower brace and limited-slip differential to bring a remarkable combination of a smooth ride and a controlled drive.
- Sound Enhancer: The SKYACTIV® TECHNOLOGIES 2.0L DOHC 4-cylinder engine is powerful, and the available sound enhancer makes sure everyone else hears the rumble of your car before they see it zip past them.
- Brembo/BBS Package: Available on the manual-transmission Club models, this package adds on high-performance Brembo brakes and 17-inch forged BBS wheels.
Test Drive the 2016 Mazda MX-5 Miata Performance Specs Near Tampa and Sarasota Today
The 2016 Mazda MX-5 Miata performance specs make it clear that this roadster is fundamentally different from other small cars and roadsters in Tampa and Sarasota. Let us show you what this Mazda is capable of firsthand; visit Cox Mazda at 3101 Cortez Road West seven days a week for a test drive. Contact us online or give us a call at (888) 260-1691 to schedule your time in the driver’s seat.