The 2017 Mazda MX-5 RF Trims
The stunning 2017 Mazda MX-5 RF trims are finally here, much to the delight of Bradenton and Tampa drivers. Each offers comfort, convenience, and safety options that delight and amaze, but there are key differences too. To help prospective owners decide which best suits their driving needs, the experts at Cox Mazda have created this brief rundown of each trim, including the power and safety features you can expect from yours. Review it carefully, then schedule a test-drive of your favorite and experience the open road like never before.
2017 Mazda MX-5 RF Club
The Base trim lays the foundation for the model line, giving drivers access to a long list of impressive amenities that include:
- Performance: Mazda powers the MX-5 RF with the SKYACTIV®1-G 2.0L DOHC 16-valve 4-cylinder engine with VVT. This powerplant is paired with a SKYACTIV®-MT 6-speed manual transmission with short-throw shifter or Mazda’s 6-speed Sport automatic transmission with paddle shifters. In recent EPA testing, this motor delivered up to 26 mpg/city and 35 mpg/highway fuel efficiency and as much as 155 hp and 148 lb.-ft. of peak torque.
- Climate: In addition to a heated defroster with multi-speed fan and rear window defoggers for quick clearing in cold weather, the MX-5 RF offers air conditioning to guarantee a comfortable cabin in even hot Florida summers.
- Comfort: Reclining bucket seats with integrated headrests, driver front tilt, and padded armrests cradle occupants and provide a cozy spot to watch the world go by.
- Wind Blocker: For added comfort, a transparent wind blocker keeps the worst of the wind at bay while drivers enjoy a top-down experience.
- Cargo Space: The 4.48 cubic feet of cargo volume is large enough to accommodate two carry-on bags, groceries for a week, or the gear you need for a day hike into the wilds.
- Convenience: Easy remote entry with pushbutton ignition allows drivers to get in and get moving fast, while power windows and door locks with integrated speed sensors provide intuitive control of basic features.
- Multifunction Wheel: Audio, cruise, and calling controls are built into the multifunction steering wheel to give drivers access to the most commonly used features without taking their attention off the road.
- Bose Audio: A 9-speaker Bose performance audio system with AudioPilot, subwoofer, and headrest-mounted speakers delivers superior clarity and sound from a variety of sources, including the onboard CD player. The speed-sensitive volume control automatically adjusts as the vehicle increases speed, meaning you never need to worry about missing your favorite songs as you drive.
- MAZDA CONNECT™: The integrated infotainment system with 7-inch in-dash color touchscreen monitor and multifunction Commander Control knob delivers access to SMS text messaging, Aha, Pandora, Bluetooth music streaming, HD radio, maps, news, weather, and more.
- Advanced Safety: The MX-5 RF is equipped with dual front and side impact airbags, as well as side impact door beams as standard equipment. Drivers can also take advantage of Blind Spot Monitoring, Rear Cross-traffic Alert, Tire Pressure Monitoring, and onboard security system with engine immobilizer.
- E911: The Emergency 911 system can automatically notify emergency personnel if the vehicle is involved in an accident that causes the airbags to deploy, summoning help even if cabin occupants are incapacitated.
- SiriusXM: The available SiriusXM satellite radio system comes with a 4-month free trial subscription, so that drivers can take advantage of more than 175 available channels, many of them commercial-free exclusive content.
2017 Mazda MX-5 RF Grand Touring
The Grand Touring trim builds on the features introduced in the Cub trim, adding additional luxuries sure to please daring drivers:
- Automatic Control: Drivers can take advantage of the automatic climate control function to set their preferred temperatures and forget it – concentrating on more important things.
- Advanced Keyless Entry: Mazda’s advanced keyless entry system allows drivers to leave their keys in their pockets and just hop in and get on the road.
- Auto-Dimming Mirror: The auto-dimming rearview mirror with integrated HomeLink feature lets drivers control up to three compatible devices – such as gates and garage doors – with the push of a button.
- Heated Seating: Three-temperature heated seats make for a cozy place to spend the daily drive, even when the weather outside is less than ideal.
- Mazda Navigation: The integrated navigation system works with the in-dash display to provide accurate turn-by-turn directions to any destination using 3D mapping and voice commands for the ideal combination of convenience and safety.
Explore the 2017 Mazda MX-5 Miata RF Trims at Your Leading Bradenton and Tampa Mazda Authority
Get behind the wheel of either of the 2017 Mazda MX-5 RF trims at your Bradenton and Tampa Mazda leader. Contact Cox Mazda at (941) 749-2790 or visit us at 3101 CORTEZ ROAD WEST in Bradenton, FL to schedule a test-drive today.