What Do the 2016 Mazda MX-5 Miata Safety Features Offer Tampa and Sarasota Drivers?
The petite 2016 Mazda MX-5 Miata offers the safety features Tampa and Sarasota drivers need from a sprightly compact sports car, as well as some surprising additions that make it more stable and safer than even certain so-called “family” vehicles. To illustrate just how safe this popular two-seater is, the experts at Cox Mazda have prepared a comprehensive primer, detailing the preventative features, occupant protection measures, and a peek at what the experts really think of this stellar little car. We promise, it’s worth a look.
To keep drivers out of trouble, and avoid accidents whenever possible, the 2016 Mazda MX-5 Miata is outfitted with a number of appealing safety measures, including:
- Automatic Lighting – Automatic high-beam control and adaptive front lighting are offered on selected models to allow the driver to see around corners and prevent blinding oncoming traffic – making driving safer for everyone.
- Driver Assist – To help drivers avoid unseen vehicles and obstacles, the 2016 Mazda MX-5 Miata can be equipped with Lane Departure Warning, Blind Spot Monitoring, and Rear Cross-traffic Alert features.
- Tire Pressure Monitoring – To keep track of tire health and to increase the vehicle’s overall stability and performance, the standard Tire Pressure Monitoring system checks the air pressure and alerts drivers when changes need to be made.
When accident prevention measures aren’t enough, the Mazda delivers features to help keep cabin occupants safe in the event of a crash:
- Advanced Airbags – Dual Front and Side Impact airbags help to cushion cabin occupants and reduce the bodily damage suffered in an accident, while three-point safety harnesses with pretensioners keep the driver and passenger firmly in their seats.
- E911 – Mazda’s E911 automatic emergency notification system can, when properly equipped, contact first responders and let them know where you are, providing you and your passenger with a call for help even if you cannot make it yourself.
- Superior Construction – Advanced engineering that includes state-of-the-art materials, strategic crumple zones, and side-impact door beams help to protect cabin occupants by allowing certain areas of the car to absorb the force of impact while the cabin remains intact.
While the 2016 Mazda MX-5 Miata hasn’t been tested by the Insurance Institute for Highway Safety (IIHS) or the National Traffic Safety Administration (NHTSA), which isn’t unusual for a sports car, it does receive high praise from owners and industry experts alike for its superior design and attention to safety. Industry leaders such as Edmunds and The Car Connection praise the 2016 Mazda MX-5 Miata for its superior braking, precise steering, and improved body construction to help drivers to avoid serious collisions and make it more likely that they will walk away when avoidance isn’t possible.
The 2016 Mazda CX-5 Miata Safety Features Will Improve Your Tampa and Sarasota Commute – Learn How Today
Let us show you how the new 2016 Mazda CX-5 Miata safety features are designed to improve your Tampa and Sarasota commute. To learn more, contact Cox Mazda at (941) 749-2790 or visit our showroom at 3101 CORTEZ ROAD WEST in Bradenton, FL.