The 2017 Mazda MX-5 Miata RF Performance Impresses Tampa and Bradenton
The stunning good looks of the exciting new Miata are the first thing we noticed too, but the 2017 Mazda MX-5 Miata RF performance specs and features deserve just as much attention. Tampa and Bradenton drivers who love Mazda’s famous roadster will be happy to know that the retractable fastback design simply allows a bit more of those exciting driving dynamics to shine through to the design. Don’t believe us? Check out the engine specs below and compare them to the soft top models.
The 2017 Mazda MX-5 Miata RF performance specs are the same whether you drive the Club or the Grand Touring trim, both powered by a SKYACTIV®-G 2.0L DOHC 16-valve 4-cylinder with VVT.
- Power: This Mazda has always been known for bringing more energy than other cars its size, and that’s clear as day in the SKYACTIV®-G engine’s power output of 155 hp @ 6,000 RPM.
- Torque: Putting that power to good use requires an engine with the torque to launch from the line and leave your stomach behind, and the MX-5 Miata RF delivers it with 148 lb.-ft. of torque @ 4,600 RPM.
- Fuel Economy: Those engine specs encourage joyrides, and so does the fuel economy. You’ll enjoy up to 35 mpg/highway and 26 mpg/city.
It’s tough to find a vehicle that delivers an energetic sense of performance while also remaining efficient enough to fit into a tight budget. And yet here it is.
Other Performance Features
We’re big fans of the SKYACTIV®-G 2.0L engine, but it’s only one aspect of the 2017 Mazda MX-5 Miata RF performance. These features contribute to the overall aesthetic that has brought drivers back to this particular Mazda for over a quarter of a century:
- Transmissions: Choose between a SKYACTIV®-MT 6-speed manual transmission equipped with a short-throw shifter or a 6-speed Sport automatic transmission with paddle shifters.
- Bilstein Shock Absorbers: Manual transmission models will enjoy a smooth ride calibrated by standard Bilstein shock absorbers. Bilstein is the world leader in monotube gas pressure shock absorbers.
- Limited-Slip Differential: Models equipped with a manual transmission feature a limited-slip differential as a standard feature, ensuring traction is sent to both wheels rather than favoring one over another.
- Lighter Power Plant Frame: An aluminum frame housing the power plant has helped the vehicle shed nearly 20 pounds for a more responsive driving experience.
- Driver-Oriented Cabin: While it’s more an element of the design, we know that a cabin that has been designed around driver convenience makes it easier for you to take full advantage of the performance. Every detail has been purposefully placed for driver convenience.
Put the 2017 Mazda MX-5 Miata RF Performance to the Test Near Bradenton and Tampa Today
We like talking about the 2017 Mazda Miata MX-5 RF performance specs and features, but we would much rather talk about them from in the cabin of the vehicle. Tampa and Bradenton drivers can get behind the wheel of the new model today at Cox Mazda, 3101 CORTEZ ROAD WEST in Bradenton. Contact us online or give us a call at (941) 749-2790 to schedule your test drive.