The 2017 Mazda3 4-door Performance Ratings
It’s tough to pinpoint what leads a driver to a Mazda, but each of our Sarasota and Tampa drivers have left impressed with the 2017 Mazda3 4-door performance specs and features. With two different engine options, drivers can easily customize the Mazda3 to fit their individual performance needs. We’ll break down all of the specs for you here, but you really must feel how the car responds to your commands to get the full understanding of what the Mazda3 is capable of.
Whether fuel economy or energetic performance is your top priority, the engines of the Mazda3 deliver. Compare the 2017 Mazda3 4-door performance and fuel economy specs for each engine:
- SKYACTIV®-G 2.0L: The standard Mazda3 powertrain, the SKYACTIV®-G 2.0L four-cylinder is rated at 155 hp and 150 lb.-ft. of torque, with models equipped with SKYACTIV®-Drive automatic transmissions earning an EPA-estimated 37 mpg/highway and 28 mpg/city.
- SKYACTIV®-G 2.5L: Upgrading to the SKYACTIV®-G 2.5L four-cylinder brings a significant power boost – to 184 hp and 185 lb.-ft. of torque, with SKYACTIV®-Drive equipped models earning an EPA-estimated 37 mpg/highway and 28 mpg/city.
Each of these engines can be paired with either a manual or an automatic transmission; both are detailed below.
Other Performance Features
Whether you choose the SKYACTIV®-G 2.0 or SKYACTIV®-G 2.5, the engine is just one aspect of the 2017 Mazda3 4-door performance, albeit a crucial one. The powertrain of this Mazda is supported by the following performance features:
- Transmission: Drivers can select either a SKYACTIV®-MT six-speed manual transmission or a SKYACTIV®-Drive six-speed automatic transmission on the Mazda3, offering smooth automated shifting or the classic control of a stick shift.
- Sport Driving: Drivers who want the efficiency of an automatic transmission but aren’t eager to give up control of the engine, Mazda has you covered. SKYACTIV®-Drive transmissions feature manual shift and Sport mode to keep you in charge.
- SKYACTIV®-VEHICLE DYNAMICS: By using G-Vectoring Control, the SKYACTIV®-VEHICLE DYNAMICS system brings a smooth ride to the cabin for both driver and passenger. This unique dynamics system adjusts power and vehicle weight seamlessly to bring precision handling to the Mazda3. It’s a subtle effect, one you won’t know how you lived without.
- Spoiler: An available rear lip spoiler gives the Mazda3 one last bit of style as it leaves other drivers in its dust; the added aerodynamics are just icing on the cake, of course.
- Disc Brakes: The Mazda3 4-door features four-wheel disc brakes with anti-lock braking, electronic brake force distribution, and braking assist for when it’s time to slow down.
Test Drive the 2017 Mazda3 4-Door Performance Specs Near Tampa and Sarasota at Cox Mazda
Now that you have an idea of what makes up the 2017 Mazda3 4-door performance, we want to show you what it feels like to drive one of the most energetic and stylish cars in Florida. Tampa and Sarasota drivers, visit us at Cox Mazda for your test drive, 3101 Cortez Road West in Bradenton.
Contact Cox Mazda online or give us a call at (941) 749-2790 with any questions about the vehicle or to reserve a spot behind the wheel. Be sure to try out both of the engines before deciding.