The 2017 Mazda6 Safety Features Impress Tampa and Sarasota Drivers
After a year of stellar safety ratings and reviews, the 2017 Mazda6 has returned with even more impressive safety equipment to delight Tampa and Sarasota drivers. From the extensive use of high-strength steel in the sedan’s construction to the innovative driver-assist features, the Mazda6 at Cox Mazda is virtually guaranteed to make your commute more secure.
In addition to a suite of advanced airbags and stability control, the Mazda6 can be equipped with the latest safety i-ACTIVSENSE® safety equipment:
- High Beam Control: The system automatically switches headlights from high to low-beam and back again, optimizing visibility.
- Cross-Traffic Alert: Using sensors in the rear of the vehicle, the system delivers an audible and visual warning to the driver if it senses an obstacle in the vehicle’s path.
- Lane Departure Warning: The LDW system provides drivers with a notification if it senses the vehicle leaving the lane of travel without signaling.
- Lane-Keep Assist: This system can correct the vehicle’s path if it senses the Mazda6 leaving the travel lane.
- Adaptive Front Lighting: When equipped, the headlamps can turn up to 15 degrees as the steering wheel is turned, allowing drivers to see better around dark corners.
- Blind Spot Monitoring: Sensors to the rear of the vehicle monitor the blind spot area and can alert drivers to approaching vehicles they may not see.
- Brake Support: 4-wheel disc brakes with ABS, Electronic Brakeforce Distribution, and Brake Assist complement the vehicle’s available Smart City Brake Support system, which can apply the brakes at low speeds if it detects an obstacle and the driver fails to react.
- Distance Recognition: The low-speed monitoring system can alert drivers if they come too close to other vehicles in the travel lane.
- Radar Cruise Control: Drivers can use this system to monitor the relative following distance of other vehicles sending an alert if the distance is too small.
- Traffic Sign Recognition: Cameras monitor and identify familiar road signs, providing drivers with useful information on the optional head-up display.
- Rearview Camera – Drivers can see the area behind the vehicle on the in-dash display, making it easier to avoid obstacles.
The 2017 Mazda6 features the SKYACTIV®-Body system, which not only features sleek, smooth design, but the use of high-strength materials, steel-reinforced support beams, and strategic crumple zones. Combined, these design elements help the Mazda6 to better absorb the force of impact, keeping cabin occupants safer.
2017 Mazda6 Safety Ratings
In recent National Highway Traffic Safety Administration (NHTSA) testing, the Mazda6 received a coveted 5-star overall safety rating. Putting it well above industry standard. It has not yet been evaluated by the Insurance Institute for Highway Safety, but scored well in previous years and is expected to do well again for 2017.
The 2017 Mazda6 Safety Features Give Tampa and Sarasota Drivers One More Reason to Love This Capable Sedan
Come explore the 2017 Mazda6 safety features at the premier Tampa and Sarasota Mazda authority today. Contact Cox Mazda at (941) 749-2790 or stop by 3101 CORTEZ ROAD WEST in Bradenton, FL.