A Used Mazda6 Offers Tampa-Area Drivers Plenty of Versatility and Capability
Residents in the Bradenton and Tampa areas looking for a reliable, efficient vehicle available in three distinct model styles should consider a new or used Mazda6 found right here at Cox Mazda in Bradenton. The first generation of the Mazda6 was introduced back in 2002 and marketed different body types to the North American market. The four-door sedan, five-door hatchback, and five-door sport wagon were all designed with different lifestyles in mind.
However, despite the body difference, each one is a powerful, comfortable, and capable Mazda6 at heart.
Second Generation Mazda6 (2007-2013)
The second generation Mazda6 was manufactured with redesigns of the sedan, hatchback, and sport wagon body types. They are based on the GH chassis platform which allowed for increased performance customization and a more freeform assembly process. In 2009, the North American Mazda6 was redesigned again, but this time, only the sedan body type was available.
- Powertrain Options: for the 2009 North American Mazda6, a new 2.5L four-cylinder engine rated at 170 hp and 167 lb.-ft. of torque comes standard under the hood. An available 3.7L V6 engine is capable of 272 hp and 269 lb.-ft. of peak torque for ultra responsive performance and quick acceleration.
- Electric-Assisted Steering: unlike the first generation Mazda6, the second generation featured a steering system that was electrically assisted, providing additional feedback for the driver.
Third Generation Mazda6 (2012-Present)
The third-gen North American Mada6 comes in three different trim levels: Sport, Touring, and Grand Touring. However, the Mazda6 only comes available as a four-door sedan, which leaves the hatchback and sport wagon in the second generation pre-2009 for North American customers.
Standard equipment for all third-gen Mazda6 models includes:
- 2.5L SkyActiv I-4 engine rated at 183 hp.
- Bluetooth handsfree phone connectivity complete with audio streaming capability.
- Keyless entry with push-button start.
For the Sport and Touring trim levels, drivers are given the option of a six-speed manual or six-speed automatic transmission while the Grand Touring trim level only offers a six-speed automatic transmission.
Take a Trip to Cox Mazda to Explore the Mazda6 Today
No matter what your budget or driving style may be, the versatility provided by the Mazda6 has all of your bases covered. If you have any questions about a new or used Mazda6, give our sales team a call at (888) 260-1691. Our dealership is located at 3101 Cortez Road W. in Bradenton. We’re just a short drive from Tampa by way of I-75 S.