2016 Mazda CX-5 Reviews
Before buying a new car or crossover, you should do your research, and Cox Mazda wants to help. We’ve brought together some of the top 2016 Mazda CX-5 reviews so Palmetto and Bradenton drivers can know just why this new crossover belongs in their garages. After you read what the critics have to say about the CX-5, keep scrolling to get a glimpse at the features and specs of the new Mazda.
Critics are Taken Aback by the 2016 Mazda CX-5 Reviews
So many of the 2016 Mazda CX-5 reviews said what many of our Bradenton and Palmetto drivers did after finishing their test drive: “I can’t believe it.” The new CX-5 is impressing drivers left and right, and we can’t wait for you to see it in action. Until then, have some of the juiciest quotes from auto critics reviewing the new crossover.
- Car and Driver: “The apex-loving CX-5 is the sports car of crossovers, with an athleticism you must experience to believe … The CX-5 is tech savvy and offers useful cargo room, but its strength is its poise on the road.”
- The Car Connection: “The 2016 Mazda CX-5 is smart-looking, handles well, and is stocked with plenty of features. It’s also right-sized for the kind of drivers it appeals to, and on top of all that, it’s one of the safest vehicles in its segment.”
- Kelley Blue Book: “If you want a small, stylish, fun-to-drive SUV, you’ll find it in the CX-5. If you’re among the few who prefer a manual transmission, this Mazda boasts one of the best available in an SUV. Fuel economy of up to 35 mpg and a sub-$23,000 starting price are added icing.”
- AutoTrader: “Now entering its third year of production, the 2015 Mazda CX-5 continues to climb the sales charts, quickly becoming one of the most well-reviewed and desirable compact crossover SUVs around. While the Honda CR-V and Toyota RAV4 still dominate as sales-volume leaders, neither has the sporty handling or clean, uncluttered instrument panel of the CX-5, nor can they match its impressive highway fuel economy of 35 miles per gallon.”
- Edmunds: “With its spacious, functional interior, impressive fuel economy and top safety scores, the 2016 Mazda CX-5 is a top pick among small crossovers. The CX-5’s fun-to-drive demeanor is just a welcome bonus.”
The 2016 Mazda CX-5 Features and Specs
We can’t boil down all of the ways the 2016 Mazda CX-5 will impress you, but we do have a quick overview of some of the most important highlights:
- Trim Levels: Three trim levels (Sport, Touring, and Grand Touring) are available with your choice of front- or all-wheel drive. Multiple package upgrades for tech features and accident prevention amenities are available as well.
- Features: The CX-5 ranges from the well-equipped base model to the near luxurious Grand Touring. Even the CX-5 Sport comes standard with Bluetooth phone and audio, an iPod/USB input for the stereo system, and available features like Mazda Connect with a 7-inch touchscreen interface.
- Two Engines: The standard 2.0L four-cylinder is good for 155 hp and 160 lb.-ft. of torque while the available 2.5L four-cylinder has 184 hp and 185 lb.-ft. of torque.
- Fuel Economy: The 2.0L four-cylinder is rated for up to 35 mpg/highway and 26 mpg/city while the 2.5L engine is capable of as much as 33 mpg/highway and 26 mpg/city.
- Seating and Cargo: The CX-5 has seating for up to five and features a cargo hold with 34.1 cubic feet of space (expandable to 64.8 cubic feet). Whether you need to haul enough groceries for Thanksgiving or take the family on a road trip, the CX-5 is ready.
- Safety: The 2016 CX-5 has a suite of available active accident prevention features that can help alert you to a collision and even stop it before it happens. These amenities helped the CX-5 earn a Top Safety Pick+ from the Insurance Institute of Highway Safety.
No matter which of the CX-5 trim levels you choose, we think you’ll be impressed by all it has to offer.
Test Drive a CX-5
We want to hear your 2016 Mazda CX-5 reviews, so we encourage Palmetto and Memphis drivers to find our dealership in Bradenton at 3101 Cortez Road West. Contact us online or by phone at (941) 749-2790 with any questions about the CX-5 or to schedule your test drive today.