Busch Gardens in Tampa Offers Lots of Family Fun
You don’t have to travel to Orlando to visit a world-class amusement park. Busch Gardens is located right here in Tampa, and it offers all the thrill rides, carnival games, unique characters, wacky sights, and family fun that makes for a great outing. Out this tight at the of your list of things to do in Tampa and Sarasota, and don’t be surprised if you don’t have the time to enjoy all that the park has to offer in just one day.
Attractions at Busch Gardens
Busch Gardens is unlike any other amusement park in the country because it combines the rides you would find at a typical amusement park with the animal exhibits you would normally find at the zoo.
- Cheetah Hunt: A 4,400 foot long roller coaster
- Jungle Flyers: A zipline that recreates the feeling of hang gliding
- Falcon’s Fury: America’s tallest freestanding drop tower
- Sand Serpent: A roller coaster designed with young riders in mind
- Animal Care Center: Watch how veterinarians treat exotic animals
- Bird Gardens: Observe 500 exotic birds from around the world
- Cheetah Run: A unique cheetah habitat that give viewers an intimate look
- Edge of Africa: A Walking tour through and authentic African animal habitat
- Madascar Live! Operation: Vacation: The hit film Madadcar comes to life on stage
- Iceploration: A world of fantasy comes together in an ice rink
- Soundsational: A laugh-filled a capella singing competition
- Opening Night Critters: A live animal show featuring exotic and domestic animals.
- Lunch with Elmo and Friends – Eat lunch with the whole gang from Sesame Street
- Zambia Smokehouse – Enjoy wood-smoked BBQ and creative creations
- Refresh Market – Grab a snack and one of the exotic beverages
- Zagora Cafe – Open for three meals a day, grab a quick sandwich or burger
Keep in mind this is only a partial list. Busch Gardens in Tampa has lots, and we mean LOTS more to ride, see, taste, and experience. Excitement literally waits for you around every corner.
Plan for a Trip to Busch Gardens
Busch Gardens is open 365 days a year from 10 A.M. until 6:00 P.M. Most rides and attractions are open all day every day, but they do occasionally close for maintenance. Shows have set start times, so plan ahead so you get to your seat in time. A weekday ticket to Busch Gardens currently costs $65.00, but guests can also add unlimited dining for a total of $95.00, and upgrade further to a TampaBay CITYPASS for $119.00. With a CITYPASS, guests are entitled to admission to Busch Gardens, the Florida Aquarium, the Lowry Park Zoo, and the Clearwater Marine Aquarium.
Busch Gardens features lots of places to sit and relax, but seeing all the park does require a fair amount of walking. Guests are encouraged to wear appropriate clothing and footwear and to check the weather forecast before heading out. The park is located at 10165 N. Malcolm McKinley Drive in Tampa, FL and has 5,000 spaces of on-site parking available for a fee. Shuttle service is also available from select locations around Tampa. The park recommends spending some time planning out your trip to Busch Gardens in advance so that you can be sure to see and do everything on your list in the time that you have.
Have a Great Time at Busch Gardens
There is so much to see and do at Busch Gardens, that it’s pretty hard not to have a blast. Young or old, there is an attraction that will delight somewhere in the park. All of us here at Cox Mazda hope you have a great time on your trip.