How to Connect Your Phone to Your Mazda
Mazda is committed to keeping its vehicles up-to-date with the latest in-car technologies. This now includes smartphone integration for your iPhone and Android on models with advanced infotainment systems on a number of the new Mazda vehicles, including the 2016 Mazda3 and 2016 Mazda6 There’s no questioning the value of this incredible new technology, but sometimes drivers needs some help understanding how to connect their phones to their Mazda cars.
Connecting Your iPhone or Smartphone
Mazda has made it as easy as possible for you to connect your smartphone to your vehicle’s infotainment system via Bluetooth. All you have to do is follow these steps:
- Locate the commandeer switch next to the cup holder in the center console, which gives you full control of your vehicle’s infotainment system.
- Using the commandeer switch, select the “Communications” application on your infotainment screen.
- At this point, the car’s system will recognize that there is no smartphone connected and ask if you would like to connect a phone.
- When this happens, select the “Connect” button on the lower right corner of the screen.
- From there, scroll down and select “Add a new device,” at which point the car system will search for a smartphone device with Bluetooth in the immediate vicinity.
- Now, whether you have an iPhone or Android, it’s important to locate your smartphone settings. When you do this, select “Bluetooth” and make sure it is turned on.
- Once your smartphone’s Bluetooth is done scanning, your Mazda vehicle will pop up on the phone’s screen. When it does, select your Mazda.
- All you have to do now is pair the smartphone with the car by typing in the number sequence to connect your phone to your car.
- At this point, you’ll be able to access your contacts, music, and more via Bluetooth hands-free phone and audio!
Find Out More About Your Mazda Technology at Cox Mazda
Most of the new Mazda vehicles come generously equipped with a wide range of advanced features and technologies. Find out if you’re taking full advantage of all your systems by visiting Cox Mazda at 3101 Cortez Rd. W. in Bradenton, FL. Otherwise, you’re always welcome to contact us with questions.