Cox Mazda in Bradenton Provides Service and Advice
Mazda drivers in Bradenton have long chosen our dealership as the destination to handle all of their automotive needs. The reasons are simple: as a full-service dealership, we at Cox Mazda thrive on handling whatever’s necessary for our customers, whether it’s offering a huge inventory of new and pre-owned vehicles, meeting your service needs, or through our inventory of parts and accessories. Of course, one of the things that we offer is advice — it’s part of our commitment to our customers. So here are some tips on avoiding the shop.
Steps to Prevent Five Common Repairs
Preventative care will go a long way towards not only ensuring the longevity of your vehicle, but also in saving you a lot of money. Here are five common repairs and five ways that you can avoid needing them:
- Engine misfire. This occurs when your spark plugs fire at the incorrect times, or even not at all. Generally, following the recommended maintenance schedule and keeping your vehicle tuned to its factory specs can avoid this issue.
- Evaporative emissions leak or failure. The evaporative emissions system control, or EVAP, traps fumes from your fuel tank. Problems occur when the holding canister is compromised or when fuel lines are corroded. You can avoid the issue by tightly installing your gas cap after every fill-up and undergoing a rust-protection application.
- System running too lean. Usually an indicator of a vacuum leak, bad injector, or even a needed software update. Again, regular maintenance can avert this — be vigilant in having your vehicle checked out when the “check engine” light comes on, too.
- Catalytic converter failure. This burns any unused gas, which cleans emissions from the tailpipe. Problems occur when it corrodes or leaks. Again, regular maintenance can usually avoid this.
- Exhaust gas recirculation failure. This lowers combustion chamber temperatures to control emissions, and problems usually occur due to carbon buildup. This can usually be avoided y getting your fuel system professionally cleaned every 30,000 miles.
Choose Cox Mazda as your Dealer
There’s a reasons that Mazda drivers in Bradenton continually turn to our dealership, and that’s because of our stellar customer service. Visit us today to see what we can do for you!