Mazda pushes the limits of internal combustion with their SKYACTIV® TECHNOLOGY
Mazda is brining a full line of technologically superior engines to Tampa and Sarasota with their SKYACTIV® TECHNOLOGY, a brand name for a series of technologies developed by Mazda and used since 2011. This family Mazda tech, included on the 2016 Mazda 6, delivers greater fuel economy. Read on to learn more about the entire line of SKYACTIV® TECHNOLOGY engines.
What Falls Under Its Umbrella?
SKYACTIV® TECHNOLOGY engines can compress the air-fuel mixture in the cylinders to an extraordinary degree, getting more energy from every drop of fuel. An array of engine options are available.
- SKYACTIV®-G is a new generation gasoline engine that boasts a compression ratio of 14:1, which is unprecedented for mass production engines. This engine offers improved fuel efficiency and torque performance at low and medium speeds to better serve real-world driving needs.
- SKYACTIV®-D is a revolutionary diesel engine that delivers great fuel efficiency along with clean emissions. SKYACTIV®-D ensures smooth, direct response and superb acceleration.
- SKYACTIV®-Drive is a family of automatic transmissions that has redesigned the conventional automatic transmission. The torque converter takes less duty while a multi-plate clutch disengages the torque converter providing the perfect mix of direct feel, smooth transmission, and fuel economy at low speeds.
- SKYACTIV®-MT is a light and compact manual transmission system combining superior fuel economy with the crisp shifting feel of a sports car. The lever ratio is increased to achieve lighter shift effort with a short shift lever stroke.
- SKYACTIV®-Body is light and rigid to ensure safe driving. With framework structured to disperse impact shocks, SKYACTIV®-Body ensures superior crash safety performance.
Visit Cox Mazda to see what SKYACTIV® TECHNOLOGY can do for your Tampa and Sarasota Commute
Cox Mazda is a lead dealer in the Tampa and Sarasota areas. Come to our showroom at 3101 CORTEZ ROAD WEST in Bradenton. Contact us online or at (941) 749-2790 to see the whole fleet of Mazda vehicles.