What Is the Difference Between Genuine Mazda Parts and Aftermarket Parts?
If it’s time to schedule a repair or replacement with the Cox Mazda Service Department, you may be wondering: What is the difference between genuine Mazda parts and aftermarket parts? The main distinction is that genuine Mazda parts have been crafted specifically for your Mazda vehicle, whereas aftermarket parts were not. Learn more about the pros of genuine Mazda parts!
Pros of Genuine Mazda Parts
When you decide to use genuine Mazda parts, you can look forward to:
- An easier selection process, as there’s usually just one brand from which to choose.
- Higher quality, as the part is meant to work exactly as the one it replaces.
- Greater peace of mind, as the parts typically come with a warranty to ensure their functionality.
- Longevity not only of the parts, but entire systems, as they work with other Mazda parts already installed.
Cons of Aftermarket Parts
Meanwhile, there are a number of drawbacks involved with choosing aftermarket parts, including:
- No assurance of quality, which is why prices may be lower.
- Overwhelming selection makes it difficult to pick out a quality brand.
- No guarantee that parts will function properly in your vehicle and may lead to more costly repairs down the road.
- No warranty coverage, also to keep prices lower.
The main perk of aftermarket parts is low price, but paying less may come at a great cost to your vehicle.
Schedule Service with Cox Mazda
Whether it’s time for an oil change , you need to replace your brakes, or you need a tire rotation, Cox Mazda has you covered. Have a furry friend? Check out pet friendly accessories for your Mazda model! We pride ourselves in using only genuine Mazda parts on all maintenance and repairs. Schedule an appointment today!