How to Open the Mazda Key Fob and Replace a Dead Battery
Sarasota drivers live in a world with convenient remote start, push button starts, and keyless entry technology. What happens when all of these features stop working as they should? You can always count on Cox Mazda and our service center to diagnosis and treat tech problems, however, if it’s just a dead battery you may need to know how to open the Mazda key fob yourself. In order to get the process started of changing your dead key fob battery you will need:
- Your Mazda key fob
- A replacement battery on hand (CR2025 battery)
- A small flat head screwdriver with the head wrapped in tape to prevent scratches
Opening Your Mazda Key Fob
As you being the process of learning to open your Mazda6 key fob or your Mazda CX-5 key fob, you will be glad to hear that the process is similar no matter which Mazda model you own. You can follow these simple steps to reveal the battery:
- Press the auxiliary key button on the back of your key fob in order to remove the metal auxiliary key
- With the metal key gone, you’ll notice a slot on either side of the key fob case.
- Use the tape-wrapped flathead screwdriver to pry open the case, first on one side, and then on the other. Work gently.
- This should remove the case. Place the latter in an easily-visible spot where you won’t lose track of it.
Replacing Your Mazda Key Battery
The process of actually replacing your Mazda key fob battery should only take a moment once the fob is open. Follow these final steps and get back on the Tampa roads:
- Remove the battery cap, and set it next to your key fob case.
- Your Mazda key fob battery should be fully exposed. Remove it, being careful not to damage the small rubber ring that it sits upon.
- If you scratched or damaged the rubber ring, it’s important to replace this component before moving on.
- With the ring in place, take your new replacement battery and set it in its place in the key fob. The positive (+) side should be up, facing you.
- Return the battery cover to its proper place, and then reattach both sides of the key fob case. Press until you hear them click into place.
Quick and Easy Service at Cox Mazda
Whether you determine that replacing your Mazda key fob battery yourself is going to be too time-consuming, or you want to ensure that is done right, reach out to the service team at Cox Mazda in Bradenton. We can walk you through the process step by step or do it ourselves in a jiffy. Be sure to review our Mazda service specials and learn more about the Mazda maintenance schedules to determine if you need to schedule other maintenance check-ups or repairs while you are in the bay.
More from Cox Mazda
When you’re in need of a more spacious SUV for your loved ones and cargo, the 2019 Mazda CX-5 is the Mazda SUV you’ll need. The new CX-5 has the cargo dimensions as well as interior space for cruising through Tampa or heading out on a family trip. Explore the interior dimensions and convenience features the…
Whether looking to further protect your Mazda3 or customize it, there’s a wide array of Mazda accessories to choose from. Find functionality in a new roof rack, add to the convenience with an added navigation system, or even personalize your Mazda3 with a rear spoiler. Find the accessories that’ll add to your style, convenience, and fun…
Want to make your Mazda CX-5 entirely your own? Looking to customize your Mazda CX-5 interior? In addition to selecting the Mazda CX-5 diesel option, there are many ways you can put a personal touch on your crossover. From unique exterior colors to specialized styling, you can pick out your favorite 2019 Mazda CX-5 accessories near…