What is the Recommended Tire Pressure for a Mazda?
During every drive around Tampa and Sarasota, your vehicle’s tires are slowly starting to lose pressure. Your fuel economy gets worse as you lose tire pressure, and the more you lose the closer you are to getting a flat or damaging your tire. That’s why you need to be regularly checking and inflating your tires to make sure your tires are safe. If you’re asking “what is the recommended tire pressure for a Mazda?,” Cox Mazda has a chart below of the recommended Mazda car tire pressure, as well as a guide for testing your tire pressure.
It’s important to wait until your tires are cold before checking in order to get an accurate reading. After driving more than a mile, wait at least three hours to ensure that the tires have properly cooled off. Mazda tires should be filled to approximately these measurements:
|Vehicle||Mazda3||Mazda6||Mazda CX-3||Mazda CX-5||Mazda CX-9||Mazda MX-5 Miata|
|Tire Pressure||36 psi||36 psi for 17-inch/35 psi for 19-inch||36 psi for front/33 psi for rear||34 psi for 17-inch/36 psi for 19-inch||36 psi for 18-inch/34 psi for 20-inch||29 psi|
How Do I Check My Mazda Tire Pressure?
- Remove valve cap from tire.
- Gently place the pressure gauge over tire valve.
- Carefully remove tire pressure gauge after receiving a reading.
- If the reading is low, inflate air in tires to recommended tire pressure listed above and on the sidewalls of the tires.
- If tire pressure is too high, squeeze the metal centerpiece of the tire valve to release air until the appropriate level is reached.
- Place the cap back on the valve after tire inflation pressure is correct.
- Repeat process for each tire until each is filled to the same level.
Check Your Tires at Cox Mazda
If you need any helping making sure your tires are inflated properly, make a service appointment at Cox Mazda. Our Bradenton Mazda service technicians are happy to help you keep your tires in great shape or teach you how to change a flat tire. We’d also love to help you learn more about Mazda CX-5 gas mileage.